Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

TP 6000 mAh 3S3P conversion to 3X 2000 mAH Batteries

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

TP 6000 mAh 3S3P conversion to 3X 2000 mAH Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:38 AM
shag555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TP 6000 mAh 3S3P conversion to 3X 2000 mAH Batteries

I have a Thunder Power 6000 mAh 3S3P pack laying around that I paid big bucks for, for a 40 sized 3D Plane conversion. I was hoping that I could disassemble the pac into 3 separate 2000 mAh pacs. I would need leads for output and charging, and the little circuit board... Does anyone sell the circuit boards (battery pac co's)??? I think the pack is a 12C, it might be a 15C though...

I would need to put this pack in Parallel, right???

The intenede use is for a 400 sized heli... Just learning to hover, Forward flight, etc... NOT doing 3D yet.

Thanks,

MPB
Old 09-19-2006, 09:04 AM
shag555

Default RE: TP 6000 mAh 3S3P conversion to 3X 2000 mAH Batteries

I did a search and found a great link http://www.dream-models.com/eco/LipoPack.html that should help me build these packs... Pulling the double sided tape apart will be the tricky part though, and I'll still need the balance strip.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:14 PM
shag555

Default RE: TP 6000 mAh 3S3P conversion to 3X 2000 mAH Batteries

I cut my pack apart... It's a 12C pack that I bought last year. The 3 batteries that it makes will be the perfect size! I'm pretty sure that hovering and some forward flight will be ok with these batteries. I just want to eek out some life from these packs... It was a brand new battery that was never used (bought for a 40 sized plane last year and never finished it).

I still need the wiring for charging... I looked at Thunder Power's website... They sell charging jacks (balancing)... Do I even need a circuit board for the packs, or do the wires go directly to each cell?

MPB