Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Strange LIpo Battery Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 09:11 PM
SSkafar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange LIpo Battery Problem

I havet this 3 cell 11.1v 1500mah Lipo battery that shows it has a full charge when put on the charger and when tested with a volt meter it also shows voltage. The strange thing is that it doesn't do anything when connected up to a plane. It is like it is completley dead. I have tried it on several differnt ESC's connected to reveivers and it will not even move a servo or activate the motor. Other batteries work on these with no issues. If anyone has any ideas what could of happened to this battery please share.

Scott
Old 10-01-2006, 10:43 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Strange LIpo Battery Problem

It may be something else. How about probing leads in the connector while testing on your set-up? If the voltage holds then the problem is downstream of the battery.

Welcome to RCU
Old 10-02-2006, 10:43 AM
richrd

Default RE: Strange LIpo Battery Problem

Yea use volt meter while connected, lose wire or is polarity correct.
Bad news that battery is dead as soon as you connect it up. Volt meter is your guide follow it.
Rich