Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

help with the different batteries

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

help with the different batteries

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 09:18 AM
littlebone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with the different batteries

I'm only 11 and i got a traxxas rustler. my battery pack last a good time when i got it but now it only last a couple of minutes. any suggestion
Old 10-02-2006, 09:34 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: help with the different batteries

I see that this is your first post. Welcome to RCU! Can you describe your battery pack, its history, charger, and charging regime in a little more detail? That will help us understand your problem better.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:06 AM
littlebone

I have a sanyo 2400 NiCa it was brandnew when i got it. The charger is a Vision Peak 2 I charge it on 4 amps. Should i have charged it on a lower amp like 1 or 2 amps?[sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif]
Old 10-02-2006, 11:23 AM
richrd

Yes and yes. First 1C is still fast charge 2C (2 times 2.4A Hr aka.. 2400mAHr) or your 4 amps really starts to put stress on every thing so battery must be close to perfect in balance and the stop charging circuit in charger must be up to it’s task. If for some reason it does not stop it will ruin the battery in about a half hour of over charge time and battery will be very hot. Try slow charge I mine really slow C/10 or 240 mA charge current for 16 Hrs if this form charge does not bring it back it’s not coming back.
PS. your next pack… do as above slow 240mA “ as close to this as possible 200ma is fine if 300mA do 14 Hrs” for first 5 times then start using peak charge at 2 amps. Also if you want to keep pack do not run it dead …stop when you see it slow down.
Rich
Old 10-02-2006, 11:40 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Hi, littlebone. Welcome to RCU.

If you have ran your batt and vehicle many times it could be a vehicle problem such as a dirty motor or worn out brushes inside the motor. It can also be a battery problem or charger problem where the battery did not charge up all the way for some reason.

Here's a couple of questions or things to check.

How many runs have you put on the battery?

How long does the dead battery charge for? (it should charge for at least 30 minutes) If it's only chargeing for a few minutes then the problem is with batt or charger. Do you have a different vehicle or batt you can try? or a different charger?
Old 10-02-2006, 01:41 PM
littlebone

thanks for the info i will try the ideas any suggestions on the certian brand or type of battery[sm=regular_smile.gif][sm=regular_smile.gif][sm=regular_smile.gif]