Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

batteries don't last HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 07:08 AM
redrs4mt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default batteries don't last HELP

I have an rs4mt electric with a 14 turn double motor 96/29 gearing and i use 1700 and 1900 mah 6 cell batteries. I only get about 5-6 min of run time out of them. How can i get the run time to go up to around 10-12 min? Can anyone suggest a gearing and motor combo? Can i switch to 7 cell batteries? By switching to 7 cells can i get more run time? Thanks for the help.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Infinite Gundam

Default RE: batteries don't last HELP

I don't have the RS4MT but assuming correct gearing, to obtain double the present runtime by changing motor and gearing, you will lose half the present power and speed. Alternatively, you may want to consider upgrading your packs to IB4200 or GP4300, they will give you double the runtime and better performance too. 7 cell packs give more power for the same amount of throttle, runtime may increase or decrease slightly depending on your throttle, but definitely not the way to go if you're looking at doubling the runtime.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:42 PM
hands without shadows

7 cells will decrease your runtime.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:26 AM
Infinite Gundam

At the same speeds on the same terrains, 7 cells will give slightly more runtime.