Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Comments and Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:08 AM
A123 Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comments and Suggestions

Hey People,

I started this new thread for you to tell us what you think about the batteries (the charger and the turbo too) and also to tell us your ideas for new products. We are always working on R & D and would love to hear what you would like to see in the future.

Thanks

Brian

[link=http://www.a123racing.com][/link]
Old 11-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Voidbringer

Default RE: Comments and Suggestions

How about a little love for the larger models? One common thing I see is 10/15s setups and I myself plan on a 10s. Problem is, there is no possible way to get up this high without buying at least 3 units of some type from you. The most cells that can be obtained is 4 to a kit which would mean significant labor, and 3s is the highest series battery pack meaning the cost would quickly climb and placement would be complicated. Another thing is the awesome charge times are meaningless using any stock offering of yours if your using a large number of cells. And going 10s2p would be even worse that just twice 10s1p unless you made your own pack(s).

These cells are sounding so appealing though that I will find a source and use these as a reason to learn to make my own packs. Two 10s1p packs with Powerpole connectors, here I come.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:50 PM
SS Pede

I've said this before, but I'll put it down here just to be official.

I love where this technology is going, but a more standard form factor would definitely make the packs more appealing to myself and others. It would just be easier to fit them into our vehicles, simple as that.

Personally I'd like to see higher capacity cells. I realize that smaller size and higher capacity don't exactly go hand in hand, but I hope some progress can be made in this area anyways. Even higher capacity without a decrease in size would be nice.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Darrell B.

I am also needing to build larger packs. I need a 14s2p battery. What I envision is two 7s2p packs that can be charged individually on my Astro 109. At 2C I can get back in the air in less than an hour using only one charger. With my current batteries, it takes me two hours between flights. A little more capacity at a lower weight penalty would also be nice. Say 5000mAh cells?
Thanks,
Darrell B.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:32 PM
R0XoRiZoR

I would like to see the prices come down... but thats ok with me. We all payed the lipoly initial prices... so it doesn't bother me all that much.

I too would like to see some changes... mainly in the voltage area. I woudl like to see a more common voltage, maybe similiar to current lipoly voltage/cell. this would ease the transition from other technologies to your own.

Just my opinion...

Old 05-12-2007, 12:52 AM
madmoony

Hello,
yes higher capacity would be nice.I'm using 6S2P with great results,but a 6S1P solution with 5000mAh would be nicer to handle.
For the form factor...what about a semi square solution like the old 3500mAh sub C cells?Not for the size,just for the shape.Easy to handle,still a round sealing area,and the center of gravity is a little bit lower.I'm using the A123 cells in a Mono 2 Powerboat,and so I have the need for a low center of gravity.
Also thermal coupling and cooling would be easier by using a semi square shape and with the more volume we get extra capacity(6000mAh?!?!)

Greets Burkhard