Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Milwaukee Power Tool Li-Ion Cells

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Milwaukee Power Tool Li-Ion Cells

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 05:34 PM
uscra112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milwaukee Power Tool Li-Ion Cells

There's been a bit of buzz about the Li-Ion cells found in some new power-tool packs.

Could not resist, so I grabbed a couple on eBay. Milwaukee brand.

They take a bit of work to get apart, but now that that's done, my flash report points are:

1. There are 7 cells in a pack, and packs cost about $80 - $90 on eBay.

2. Cells are nominally something like 3500mah, so they are cheaper per AH than Lipos.

3. They are a bit heavier and bulkier, being a steel-can cell.

4. So far, I've been able to pull 38 amps from them for as long as I'm willing to keep the load on, (as measured thru my Whattmeter - I don't have a computer DAQ setup, so don't look to me for graphs.)

5. Made in CANADA. (Interesting!)

A 2S2P pack will be flying in one of my sport motor-gliders soon. Max motor draw 38 amps static. So in theory I could run a 1S2P but I need the weight for balance. Might as well make it work for a living!

Has any of the serious battery-evaluators done any real testing on these? The do look promising. Especially for us sport types who get grumpy when a big Lipo pack has to be scrapped because it got dropped and one corner is crushed.