Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

making balance connectors compatible

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

making balance connectors compatible

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 11:29 AM
bnrusso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default making balance connectors compatible

I answered a post in eflite heli on how to change balance connectors to make a tp battery compatible with the eflite balance port charger with pictures.
I wanted to post a note here because it may be helpful.
check it out at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4947954/tm.htm
Please note this requires great care. Read all the posts in the thread before deciding to do this.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:37 PM
orlbuzz

Default RE: making balance connectors compatible

Hey Again, Bruno,
I was just scanning this forum thread on batteries, and saw Red Scholefield was online and thought he might answer a question for me.

I was the one Bruno helped, I have a further question. I have found a charging connector to work with my e-flite balancing charger that is stock with the Blade CP Pro. I want to use one of these connectors with a ThunderPower 910mah Pro lite. If I follow proper wiring (negative to positive) to connect to the TP 910, should this charger work ok? It is a 800 ma charger, so it woud be charging at slightly less than one "C".
Old 11-04-2006, 10:21 PM
bnrusso

Hi orlbuzz,
Looking at the data for the tp910 3S it has a balance port.
Is it the same header or something different than the one that's on the cppro battery?
I waited to see if you would get your answer but I'm not sure I understand your question.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:24 AM
orlbuzz

Hi Bruno,

thanks for responding. What I was wondering about is this: I've read that some lipos have balancing circuitry IN them. I know laptop batteries do, but I thought I'd read on SOME ads. for RC lipos that their lipo had circuitry IN the lipo itself. I'm thinking the balancing connector is simply connected to the neg of 1st cell, pos of 1st cell, pos of 2nd cell, and pos of 3rd cell. If that's the case, simply changing the connector should make no difference, and I should be able to use the balancer/charger that fits the connector. I'm new to lipos, and just wanted to be sure before I burn the house down.

Reread your post, they are different headers (connectors)

BTW, I saw your post and I can't imagine your offending anyone.

Thanks,

orlbuzz

Gary
Old 11-06-2006, 08:08 PM
RevoDave

I purchased a DN battery from Heli-Direct and it comes with a free reverse polarity wire. Just plug in the wire between the battery and charger where needed. I have a triton2 charger and the DN and Mega Power batteries need to be reversed but my E-flight battery does not.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:02 PM
orlbuzz

Follow up:

for anyone interested, I did make the adapter from a TP balancing extension. I cut off the male end of the extension and put on a connector I purchased from HeliDirect that is the same as the e-flite/e-power connector and wired it correctly. I will leave it up to each individual who wants to make one of these to check the polarity and wiriing themselves. I have used the adapter several times now to use my e-flite charger that comes with the BCPP to charge TP 910 mah Pro Lites.

orlbuzz