Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Anyone use 4 step charging on their ICE?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Anyone use 4 step charging on their ICE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 02:39 PM
mav67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use 4 step charging on their ICE?

I got into electric R/C cars recently and read that the 4 step charging function in my ICE charger can increase the "punch" of some battery packs. Does anybody have experience which can verify this claim and know how to properly setup this function? If someone using the same cells can give me their exact settings, that would be great! I'm using 6 cell IB4200's. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:44 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone use 4 step charging on their ICE?

The manual tells exactly how to set it up. I do not recommend it because there's no detection in steps 1-3. I have noticed no punch increase, but do it for faster chargeing and use a step-down routine that is not like in the manual. I start out at max power and step it down towards the end to keep the batts from overheating.