Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Dream Battery center

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 01:21 AM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dream Battery center

Well, I've been totaly bitten by the RC bug, again after 30 years. I've currently have three Glow planes and two gliders. I've consolated all the receivers now on one channel, so I only need my 9Csupper as a transmitter for the fleet. I've built receiver packs from 1000MAH NiCads and my TX pack is built from 1200MAH Nicads. Now comes my problems.

First, the wall wart chargers are way under powered for these batteries. I do use them, the wall wart, for topping off a battery after a short day of flying, but for a clean full charge, I need something with more omph. I have an Accu-cycle, but even that is under powered for the higher MAH batteries

Second problem, I like to take the fleet to the field when I go. Five planes, transmitter, and a spare TX battery. Buying five or six of the top end chargers is just to big of a dollar drain.

My question is, does anyone know of modules capable of charging say four, five, and eight cell, 2000ma packs, both Nicad and Ni-hd, that can be bussed together from a master power supply. I would like a charger that I could just plug and forget, snatching the plane off in the morning when I head to the field and one that won't overcharge if left on for a week or so. Oh yes, one that will also cycle the packs. Or a scamatic that could be used for this type of charger.

Thanks for any leads

Don