Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Super Turbo at Toledo

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 02:43 PM
TampaRCGuy
My Feedback: (282)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Turbo at Toledo

I think the new Super Turbo is about to become or has become the standard in low cost accurate charging.

I was at Toledo and was at the Dymond booth, FMA booth, and Sirius booth.

Dymond and Sirius had chargers go out the door like no tomorrow. The time I spent at the FMA booth, I didn't see too much Super Nova's being sold. FMA even had "show specials" while Dymond sold the Super Turbo at the same $109 that they and everyone sells it for.

Interesting isn't it?
Old 04-08-2002, 02:58 PM
Sneakypete
My Feedback: (5)

Default Super Turbo

I just recently purchased a Super Nova Charger and I have to say it is an excellent tool. I am sure the Super Turbo is a fine charger, however, I did not see the ability to charger Lead-Acid 12 volt batteries. I made my decision based on the Super Nova's ability to do that among the many capabilities. I have found it very difficult to find a decent charger for my fieldbox and starter batteries. I was able to purchase the Super Nova from Northeast Sailplane for $109.
Old 04-08-2002, 08:31 PM
JasonF
My Feedback: (2)

Default Super Turbo at Toledo

echapkis, did you see the new Sirius charger there? I have been waiting to see it on their web site so I can see if it is really as unpractical as everyone is saying.

By the way, I'm not sure I understand why the turbo is such a superior unit to the nova. I like the ability to do the 12v lead acid's myself.

Jason
Old 04-08-2002, 10:37 PM
TampaRCGuy

Default Toledo

I did see the 4 port or quad charger. He sold what he had and was out quickly. 4 ports, 1 amp output per port. Approx $350.00.

Evan
Old 04-08-2002, 10:39 PM
TampaRCGuy

Default Super Nova

The lead acid charge is nice if you don't have any other charger than can do it. Considering the charger was designed for the field, a lead acid charge is useless. Having an adjustable trickle at the end of the charge like the turbo does is more useful as well as the ability to properly peak a nimh battery.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:09 AM
Sneakypete
My Feedback: (5)

Default Super Nova

Evan--
I disagree. I find the ability to charger lead acid extremely useful. To date I have purchased three different charger specifically designed to charge Pb batteries. Not one told me or could I determine that my batteries were fully charged. They were all the type that are suppose to charge after 14-15 hours. My Super Nova does and gives me the information that I think is important to maintain my Pb batteries. My other question is how effect (in the field) is the trickle charge? How long do you have to wait for it to properly peak a NIMH battery via the trickle charge? Finally, you say it does not trickle charger (Super Nova) or that it does, but not to be effective or useful. FMA saya it does and another person has tested the device and he concludes that it does trickle charger. If it does not, that's OK. I am very happy with my unit and I am sure that the Dymond Super Turbo is a fine unit too.
Thanks,
Sneakypete
Old 04-09-2002, 11:23 AM
TampaRCGuy

Default SN

I'm glad you like it, it is a well made unit.