Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Looking for suggestions

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Looking for suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 02:47 PM
nbawannab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for suggestions

actually im not, i've been flying 5 yrs now with all my planes being prop models with the phoenix models F-20 Tigershark being the fastest i own...but its my first ducted fan.with that said i want tothank you very much for your help in this matter...i will keep u posted
Old 09-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good deal. You'll have fun. I've dabbled a little in it, but set it aside for awhile till I finish a bunch of other projects. The EDF forum is pretty good.
Edwin
Old 09-12-2011, 02:51 PM
levram1
My Feedback: (1)

WOW!!!! If he is, I predict he will be buying a new plane 30 seconds after takeoff. LOL!!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:09 PM
DanMN

+1 on the bnf apprentice. I have a 10 y/o that flys the heck out of ours. It is big enough to handle the wind ok, but light enough to make landings slow and easy. Easy to fix too.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:25 PM
rc airplane nut
My Feedback: (5)

Also, if you want 3 channels, I recommend a glider like [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=MPU264226]this one.[/link]
Old 09-13-2011, 09:20 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Recommend you go here to start. http://masportaviator.com/ then check with your club instructors to see if they have a trainer you can learn the basics on and also to see if they have any deals going on with the local hobby shop for beginner packages. Stick with the high wing trainer, there's a reason they are the plane of choice all these years for beginners, they work, they are cheap to purchase, and will help develop good skills for future planes. The sim is also a good idea since it will give him practice time between lessons. Good luck and happy flying.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:24 AM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, I ordered the Alpha 450. I almost ordered the Super Cub, even had to cancel an order for batteries for it. But I think learning a 4 channel right from the start will be better. The simulator arrived yesterday, we'll set that up tonight. I visited the local club a few times now; they are cool with whatever we show up with. I appreciate all the help.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:11 AM
opjose

ORIGINAL: kistner

Well, I ordered the Alpha 450. I almost ordered the Super Cub, even had to cancel an order for batteries for it. But I think learning a 4 channel right from the start will be better. The simulator arrived yesterday, we'll set that up tonight. I visited the local club a few times now; they are cool with whatever we show up with. I appreciate all the help.
Good decision all around.

Keep us posted about your progress!