Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 Parkzone Spitfire MK IX...beginner question >

Parkzone Spitfire MK IX...beginner question

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Parkzone Spitfire MK IX...beginner question

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone Spitfire MK IX...beginner question

Hello. I have been looking for a first "larger" electric from the micros. I have really taken an interest in the Parkzone Spitfire MK IX. The only aileron experience i have is the Parkzone Ultra Micro T-28. Will i be able to handle the Spitfire as my first "large" electric?
Old 05-05-2012, 11:59 AM

Received 737 Likes on 532 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Spitfire MK IX...beginner question

Its the easiest flying Spitfire, but I would get something else first. Maybe the larger T-28. The spitfire as a tail dragger, needs good elevator and rudder control. Also the wing "drop" or break away is quite sudden with the Spitfire.

Dave W
Old 05-05-2012, 12:29 PM

Thank you. I do not really want a larger version of a plane i already have. Another choice i have is the Stinson Reliant...although i have heard that it actually is a little tough to fly for a novice.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:29 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Warbirds are typically bad choices for second planes. The micros don't really count as they're designed only to resemble warbirds, not fly like 'em. Check out the Banana Hobbies site: http://www.bananahobby.com/

There are numerous styles of electrix there, (including warbirds) for good $$$ and in most cases, all inclusive. Get the spare batteries and upgrade if offered. The main trouble with tail-draggers (warbird or civil) is ground-handling, not flight, especially on lighter weight planes. (Not much trouble on the 42#,124" winged Extra 300, but a pain on the little ones.) If you're confident with regards to ground handling, you should be fine with the Reliant. Truth be known, the bigger they are, the easier they are to fly. (But a lot more expensive if you mess up) If you're competent with a micro, you should have less trouble with something bigger.

http://www.bananahobby.com/1993.html