Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Finally a Solo.

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Finally a Solo.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 10:08 PM
RSprinkel
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally a Solo.

Well today I finally got the chance to Solo 3 times, thanks to my trainer here on RCU (Henpecked) and with FMS. After not being able to fly due to work and other reasons I purchased a Controller for FMS from another guy here on RCU (Ivalej1) and what a difference it made from last trip to the field. I was having a bad time with my approaches and FMS helped tremendousily. I was alittle shaky at first, but was getting alittle better on the approaches each time.

Just want to say THANK YOU for your HELP and SUPPORT through my Training and FMS stuff.

Jim (Henpecked) sorry for not letting you crash my 4* today, hehe. I know you wanted too, but just not enough time. Better luck next time. Actually lemme crash it please....

Again, Thanks guys and Thank You all here on RCU for a great place of knowledge and knowledgable help and support.

Marc, Thanks for having such a GREAT place to come for help, support and to just read the other hobbyist's stories.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:44 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally a Solo.

RS,
I congratulated you in another thread, but this post of your's deserves a separate Congrats!!

I wish that this type of site had been available when I started eight years ago. It certainly would have helped me over some rough spots.

All I can say is, give it back to someone else when you're able to.
Dennis-
Old 09-01-2003, 11:51 PM
RSprinkel

Default Giving Back...

Dennis, Thanks for the congrats. You said to give it back to someone else, well no worries. I was always taught growing up and from an old military buddy that when you learn something from someone you should always try to teach to others what you have learned. And one other thing that is always on my mind that my Mom made me write a million and 1 times as a kid is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and sometimes this can/will be reversed depending the circumstances, hehe.

Anyways again, Thank You and I did read your other reply.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:26 AM
Henpecked

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Solo time

Congratulations and hip hip hooray! I think the big space was a big factor today and a nice headwind- not to light not to heavy. A great instructor with plenty of patients could of been beneficial as well. I'll call ya if I can find one! That simulator stuff is fun to crash and thats all I've been able to do with it! I think you were at the proper progression and it was time to fly! See you at the field! Jim
Old 09-02-2003, 01:18 PM
MinnFlyer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Finally a Solo.

Congrats!

Looks like we have a few new soloists this weekend!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	106753_7722.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	59506  
Old 09-02-2003, 10:50 PM
RSprinkel

Default Re: Solo time

Originally posted by Henpecked
Congratulations and hip hip hooray! I think the big space was a big factor today and a nice headwind- not to light not to heavy. A great instructor with plenty of patients could of been beneficial as well. I'll call ya if I can find one! That simulator stuff is fun to crash and thats all I've been able to do with it! I think you were at the proper progression and it was time to fly! See you at the field! Jim
Jim,

Thanks. Yes I must say the wide open space was alittle easier to swallow, and the headwind was just right. Didn't have to worry about that nasty tree that jumped out and took my wing from you in the beginning of the year, hehehe. Well if you find a great instructor with plenty of Patience other then you send 'em back. I enjoyed the training that you provided and will always fly with ya. You have been GREAT and plenty of PATIENCE to spare as well. Could not have asked for a better instructor then you. Well I must say I have done my share of crashing on the Sim and now I can play around with the other birds on the Sim to get me ready for my 4* that you want to crash so bad . Thanks for having the confidence in me to allow me to do my Solo's as that made me feel alittle more comfortable. Ok, I will see you at the field as well.

Again, Jim THANK YOU.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:51 PM
RSprinkel

Default Finally a Solo.

MinnFlyer,

Thanks for the Congrats certificate. Thought you were done with those, but I see that you are not.

Again, Thank You.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:21 PM
MinnFlyer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Finally a Solo.

I think there are too many people who are looking forward to one to stop them now! LOL

I think I've created a monster!

But I enjoy giving you guys something extra. Believe it or not, I don't ever remember soloing. I grew up in the hobby, so at the age of 5yrs, i was "Helping" my dad fly. As I got older, I got more and more Tx time. I remember my first take off, but I don't remember my first landing because we started with single channel escapments on planes that were so stable that they landed themselves.

So I just figure that a nice little certificate (Suitable for framing or wrapping fish) would be something to make the memory last a little longer for others.

It's a big accomplishment, and you all deserve it!
Old 09-02-2003, 11:43 PM
RSprinkel

Default Finally a Solo.

MinnFlyer, Thanks for the kind words and the work that you do to help others and make them feel good about their accomplishments and what not. This also goes to everyone else out here in RCUniverse.

I must say years and years ago my Uncle bought me a C/L (don't remember the type just that it was silver and powered by Cox). Well we went to the field on a few occasions to fly it. Well the C/L never touched my hand at age 10 so I just watched him play with my new toy or his new toy should I say. Well he had crashed it and I never saw it again. Never even thought that one day I would be doing this again, but me actually controlling a plane this time. I must say I was in MS Flight Simulators for awhile, had my own VA (Virtual Airline) and a gentleman in the VA told me about his planes and his Asphalt runway behind his house that he had built, he sent me pics of his planes and rwy, then sent me some prices of stuff to help me out. Well that sparked my interest and since then haven't looked back. I know if it weren't for RCUniverse I would have probably given up as I did have problems with the building of my Trainer and came here for help. Just like every other newbie got the help needed and proceeded to this day.

I have to agree you did create a monster but a good one though. Well won't use it for wrapping fish, not much of them biting these days and have spent more time working on planes then fishing so I guess I can just save it, hehe.

Again, THANK YOU.