Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 Tip for posting pictures here. >

Tip for posting pictures here.

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Tip for posting pictures here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 09:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tip for posting pictures here.

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard
I always thought it was my new camera and still do. If I post some of my older photos from when I had a cheaper camera they come right up and I can post a bunch of them. I have had puter savvy friends tell me it isn't the pixel size but I still wonder.
You probably can blame your new camera.

It's not the pixel size but the pixel count. Newer cameras have more storage. The take pictures that are described in that data storage with more pixels than the older camera did. Newer cameras have more pixel count for each picture. Both cameras will upload what they have. Say you've setup your new camera to show it's pictures as 4x5s just like your older camera was setup. Your new ones pictures are sharper, right. My DSLR 4x5 prints are awesome. The 4x5s from the little digital that's probably 5-10 years old are pushing the description 'sharp'. They're more like 'not out of focus but close'. They upload in the blink of an eye.

hey, just thought of a photo school analogy.......... the comparision is sorta like comparing ISO results. 200 speed film has smaller grains than 1000 speed. You can buy 35mm in both speeds.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Except for the flag, the dog and the heli, all were taken with a point and shoot. The heli was shot with a 7D which I miss dearly.

I got second in a local contest for this one. It was shot in a Home Depot parking lot. lol

Old 12-24-2012, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought this might lighten the mood a little. Pulled up beside me a traffic lights earlier today. The firsr time i saw it there was someone in the passenger seat reading his morning newspaper....oh how i chuckled to myself that morning !

Old 12-24-2012, 10:44 AM

anybody ever notice that gray beard is from hemderson
is the spelling correct here? 
Old 12-24-2012, 11:27 AM
My Feedback: (2)

OK the ticket was from me.

I have a problem with large pics as I rely on wifi connections in the Caribbean to view RCU.

I am not alone in viewing on some link other than a high speed one.

It only takes 2 or 3 large pics in a thread to make that thread IMPOSSIBLE TO LOAD. It will time out before loading the pics.

Thumbnails are the way to go. The current uploader resizes the pics [ I think.]
Old 12-24-2012, 02:10 PM
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: akcub

I did that over 7 years ago and your the first that I know of.
John, for a short while they had those long, narrow advertisement trucks going up and down the Vegas strip, each truck had three brass poles and live performing pole dancers in them. They created enough traffic problems/accidents they no longer have them!! They were here for a couple months. Loved them!!! Never did take a photo of them though. It seems I was always the driver when we got next to them.
Love this town!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:09 PM
My Feedback: (67)

What do you want for free?
Old 12-24-2012, 03:10 PM
My Feedback: (67)

A near miss is a hit. Think about it. If you nearly missed it you must have hit it!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

ORIGINAL: akcub

John, for a short while they had those long, narrow advertisement trucks going up and down the Vegas strip, each truck had three brass poles and live performing pole dancers in them. They created enough traffic problems/accidents they no longer have them!! They were here for a couple months. Loved them!!! Never did take a photo of them though. It seems I was always the driver when we got next to them.
Love this town!!!
Ah, that is so cool !!!

There are a few city's in the US i would love to visit and vegas is defo near the top of the pile, you never know, may even be able to spend a day at the field with you guy's !