Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Servo setup

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Servo setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 08:27 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Servo setup

ORIGINAL: JohnBuckner

(SNIP)

Actually Jim I believe JollyPopper is quite right and Hitec servos are indeed by factory default the opposite of Futaba default rotation.

The original method first mentioned in this thread by BobFE in the case of two servos on either side of the fuselage. Yes having the output arms one on top and the other on the bottom does work. I have serveral set up this way, One being my Wild Stick 120 (Moki 180) it works great and the separate elevator haves work evenly and together? now before I get yelled at let me explain and I only have a simple Y cord on the two servos.

They work evenly and together because I choose exactly where to mount the servos and not some Chinese dude that goes by the name Ackerman. It works simply because the pushrods are horizontal and parallel to the each other on both sides with one servo simply mounted higher up on one side. It really does work perfectly well but requires planning and most folks putting an arf together are not going go to the trouble and Arf manufacturers don,t care either and do not put the servos in the right place for this to work.

John
John, I do love that last Paragraph. Alhough It ain't all just the Chinese as, IMO, those bringing it into the States are as bad as those making it.

My JR DX-8 has a special charger and only 4 cells in the tranmiter. IMO that was a START of cheap-sh er stuff, beig mixed with good stuff.

Flying Models magazine just ran a multi-page glowing report on the atic TT650 sysem. Tower (Great "Pains" Hobbico are givinga "Deal" on it. I bought 2.
Junk - IMO - to compete with the junk coming out in various sub units with all needed stuff for the newbies and kids. Tower needs the money, and the newbie does not know better. However it does serve a purpose in the toy industry and in-my-opinon, that is where a majority of the trade is other than those that are long in the RC Sport.

Having much trouble with kryboard. Also some words here don't come out correctly in edited version but are correct here on my editing.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:20 AM
NateHolmes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks subzJC,I have tried what you recommended, but still can not get the elevators to work in the right direction. I have both elevators working, after putting on position 2, and the other on channel 6. But they work in the opposite direction, ie; up is down, and down is up on the transmitter. I have tried to reverse the elevators in the in the reverse menu, but that makes one elevator go up and other down and not together? Any other suggestions? Thanks
Old 07-25-2013, 09:56 AM
acerc

Change the travel direction on channel 2 and 6 to which ever direction serves your purpose. Even though slaved they are still independent in direction and trim.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:48 AM
NateHolmes

Ok....just did what you recommended ACERC, and it works!   Wow !  I forgot that one the elevators worked on channel 6 and after doing as you recommended ......it works!   Thanks to all that helped me solve my elevator servo problems.   Satisfying to see it all work out, especially  on something that your work so hard on!    Hoping to hit the flying field this weekend to test her out!  

Thanks again to all !

Nate

Old 07-25-2013, 03:18 PM
subzJC

Good deal Nate,

I just mocked it up again on the bench and instead of
100 on the up and down rate I put them at -100
and it did just reverse the slaved servo.
I know acerc suggested basicaly the same thing
but I wasnt sure if you "got" it.

Good luck on the maiden!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:41 PM
acerc

Glad to be of help. Sometimes the simplest of thing's, you know.