Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Battery charging problems

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Battery charging problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 05:43 AM
aircraft frenzie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery charging problems

Hi all,

I rently bought a new large remote control aeroplane, which Ihave mange to put together okay. Its battery needs charging, I have a mains charger for this, its a power tech ac dc charger and discharger. I have managed to enter the current number of amps and voltage to charge the battery but the number of cells in the battery is not balancing, the battery itself is a power tech 2250mah lipo 14.8v with 4 cells but the charger is only regestering 3. Do you think the battery could be faulty?

Thanks
Old 07-25-2013, 06:05 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Battery charging problems

It could be, or what's more likely is you have a bad connector. If you have an electrical multimeter (a cheap one is fine) check each cell voltage through the balance tap. If they are all ok, then do continuity checks with your connector. If it checks out, then there's a fault in the charger itself.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:53 PM
thebest_102
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery charging problems

One other thing to consider is that not all balance leads are the same. Some batteries have different styles of balance lead. If it is different than your charger then abnormal things like this can happen.