Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
A Shout Out a To KA8JVX >

A Shout Out a To KA8JVX

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

A Shout Out a To KA8JVX

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Shout Out a To KA8JVX

RC Universe members are awesome. Back in April my wife picked up a couple of planes at a yard sale for 10 bucks. It had been 30 years since I dabbled in rc. I had built a Kadet but never learned to fly. Well life , work and kids made a 30 year delay of getting into the hobby. When my wife bought the planes , it brought back my memories of loving rc. I went to RC Universe for information. Wow, I was blown away by the new technology. Everything was Greek to me. I posted a question about which radio I should buy 72 or 2.4. One of our RC Universe members " Ka8jvx " said he had a radio that I could have. He sent me a very nice JR computer radio that was still in the box with all the radio accessories. He could have easily sold this radio on internet. Instead he chose to Pay It Forward and help me get into the hobby. I learned a wealth of information from this forum. I took my radio and plane to a local club and they got me flying. I got into this hobby for less than a 100 bucks. I will continue to fly my old beater trainer . I am looking forward to my first new plane. My next plane will be a Ugly Stik. I will pass along my radio and trainer to my brother. He has always wanted to fly also. This hobby has some great folks. I will do my best at introducing more people to the hobby. Happy Flying
Old 09-02-2014, 03:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You may soon see that many in this hobby are like KA8JVX.

In the past two weeks, I have seen a club member repair two models for and elderly gentleman in my club. The gentleman no longer possesses the ability to do proper repairs.

I witnessed another club member give this gentleman a ready to fly model. The idea of both, was to keep this well respected elderly pilot in the air.

I just passed along a great computer radio and a few rx's, to a man re-entering the hobby.

On the other end, I was given a 4 Star 40, complete with am OS 48 Surpass, Another club member gave me an EFlite power 52..

This all took place in the last two weeks.

Generosity and kindness are not dead, especially among those in this hobby !