Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

General hobby problem

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

General hobby problem

Old 09-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Ecuyer7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General hobby problem

Hello RCU.
I'm trying to find someone who has ordered anything from general hobby recently. I ordered a yak 54 30cc plane on the 3rd of this month September. I received an email the next day saying my plane was shipped. Today is the 11th and I haven't heard anything since the email. I've called and sent emails to them. No replies what so ever. I'm on here to say be careful with this company. I would not order from them again. If anyone has had an experience with them please let me know. I'm not sure what to do yet. If I wait or try to get my money back.

Thanks. Rob
Old 09-13-2014, 03:13 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Rob, give them a little more time. You are located in FL. they are located in California. Shipping a plane across the U.S. usually takes a week to 10 days. I have never dealt with them myself, but did look at the website. Looks like they are legitimate. Call them again later this week and check on the order. Good luck with your new plane.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:02 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And if you call don't forget the time difference.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:40 AM
theguitar

General Hobby is awful. I ordered servos way back in August with the expensive shipping. They were supposed to be here around September 2nd. I eventually just ordered some new ones from tower hobbies and they were here in a flash.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Ecuyer7

Finally someone with the same issues. Did you ever get your servos from them. I ordered my yak on the 3rd. Still waiting for it. I understand giving them a week for shipping. I paid for 3 day shipping though. And I ordered an extension just to see how long that would take too. Still nothing.
Richard Yan is the guy who works for GH. He's trying to sell the yak on RCUs buy and sell. Orange and white one. I found him on RCU and sent a message. Still no reply. But he did reply when I asked to buy his yak on RCU. I told him too that since I purchased a plane from him that I can rate him on RCU. He will not get a good rating. And if I can tell people to stay away from his company I will.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:52 PM
theguitar

Never got the servos. I don't know if I was ever charged, but I got an order confirmation and nothing after that
Old 09-14-2014, 02:08 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Now that you mentioned the name,"Richard Yan", yes I have dealt with this guy before. He sent me the wrong plane, I shipped it back, finally I received the plane I ordered. I would not deal with this guy again, just my opinion, but at that time he was selling on EBAy.
If you paid via credit card you have options to deal with this.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Ecuyer7

Wow. That's just bad business. I can't believe he's trying to sell the same plane on RCU. That's how I found it. It's a nice looking plane. Wonder if he gets you to order it and never sends it out. I did read a thread saying the same thing you said. Shipped the wrong plane. People waiting a month before they get anything. All they do is send one email the next day saying your item was shipped. Then you can't get ahold of them.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Ecuyer7

Anyways. I'll give them a few more dAys. If nothing shows up I'll have to dispute the charge. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:04 PM
LimitDwn
My Feedback: (21)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes I can say that the same thing happened to me. I payed for expedited shipping which I was told by there web site will be in my hands in two days, however that was not he case, I did receive the 30cc Sbach in about 7 or 8 days. The cost for the expedited shipping was refunded but not until i put up a stink. The Sbach did come without any damage if that makes you feel better, it will come not sure how long it would take if you did not pay or expedited shipping. Not sure who you are dealing with but I was dealing with a fellow named Richard and he was good in getting back to me with email. If you need his email address let me know and i will get it for you. Be patient.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Ecuyer7

Thanks that makes me feel a little better. I've tried to email them and call the number under contact on there website. A few times. No response. I emailed the general hobby email address. If you have a different one that would help. It's been over 10 days and I did pay for faster shipping. So I'm not sure what else to think.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:15 PM
LimitDwn
My Feedback: (21)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

"Richard Yan" , Here is the email for Richard, as I said he was very good in getting back to to me.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Ecuyer7

Ok. Thank you. I'll keep this thread posted. If anything changes.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:42 AM
propicts

I ordered a Extra 260 50cc plane about two months ago. I did receive it. After trying to contact them by phone and Email. I was finally contacted by the local bus company that I
had a box to pickup ! It was the airplane !! So you might check with the local bus station to see if you have a box there with your name on it !!!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:05 AM
308jockey

I ordered an Evolution from him earlier this year and was told that it would ship by bus and was charged for that. Don't bother with expedited shipping, that won't speed anything up. After several days of no tracking information I called him again. He answered on the first try and clearly had not shipped the plane. He did so that day. Greyhound tracking was pretty useless but I did get a call about 8 days later that I had a box at the bus stop. It arrived in good shape. I'd probably order there again if there was something I was interested in but would only pay standard shipping and not be in a hurry.

Rick H.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:42 AM
radiisteve
My Feedback: (24)

How about a shipping tracking #? Whom did he ship with? This is standard info to have for tracking any package via the Web or by telephone. It also tells you when the package was shipped and how. Anytime I sell an item on RC Universe when I ship it I always give the method and tracking # to the purchasing customer just as a standard norm. We as purchasers should always expect the same from those we purchase from.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Ecuyer7

Alright. Thank you limitdwn. The email for Richard worked. After 10 days of not hearing anything. I finally got an email from Richard with tracking information. The plane shipped out the day after I bought it on the 4th. It'll arrive Saturday the 20th. That's with fast shipping. So if anyone wants to purchase something from general hobby which I will never do again. Expect 2 weeks waiting for your stuff. And not know what the hell is going on. I'm glad I'm getting my yak. But it's not worth the stress. In the time I've been waiting for this. I've already bought and built another 25% plane. RedwingRc is great. Shipped in 3 days. Their a great company. So that's my General hobby experience. Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:49 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

So did you finally end up getting the plane?
Old 09-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Ecuyer7

Yeah. After 2 weeks it showed up. I finally got an email from Richard with tracking info. The plane was a little messed up though. Cowl had a dent in it. Part of the firewall was cracked. Fixed it all except the cowl. Best part.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:49 PM
[email protected]

irecently purshed a plane from them ,g a tracking# said it shipped mar.11. now they say it hasn't shipped yet. they sound like scammers
Old 03-20-2015, 12:51 PM
[email protected]

talking about general hobby
Old 05-07-2015, 11:04 AM
predman
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive been ordering planes from them fir a while now, im in Ca. I always recieved them fast, i ordered the spad on monday and gor it thursday-
Old 07-07-2015, 10:07 AM
bentfork53

I have also ordered an airplane about 4 weeks ago and it came in a reasonable amount of time - I live in PA as well.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:55 AM
AirMonty

I've gotten several planes from them with no issues.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:11 AM
HondaJet10

Anyone know of a thread about the Yak-54 30cc from GH? Ordered it today and trying to find out some information on it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.