Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Dx8

Old 03-15-2015, 12:03 PM
TATIG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dx8

Hi

I am running into some issues with my DX8. For some strange reason the rudder is coming off centre (at around 40%) every time I move the elevator stick FULL Down. I have to move the elevator FULL up, and the rudder stick left or right and sometimes the rudder gets centred again.

Any ideas? I have written to Horizon Hobby already.

Regards

Old 03-16-2015, 06:25 AM
jetmech05

Sounds like a servo problem more than a radio problem unless you have a weird mix set into the transmitter
Old 03-16-2015, 06:32 AM
TATIG

Well... the problem is that this happenseven when the transmitter is turned on with no receivers... stand alone.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:27 AM
bikerbc

Could the servo arms be bumping into each other ?
Old 03-16-2015, 07:31 AM
TATIG

Biker, think you for the response.

No, I do not think it relates to the servo's as I experienced the same when the TX is turn on by itself.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:46 AM
bikerbc

I have a DX8 and it has had a few bugs but over all it has been a fairly good radio . ,One thing I found if you are using NiCd Rx pac's you should be useing 5 cell . Let us know what you finally find out .
Old 03-16-2015, 10:03 AM
TATIG

Thank you Biker,

No, I am using the LIPO pack... Yes, you are right it is a good radio and would hate to go back to my DX7
Old 03-19-2015, 02:13 PM
jetmech05

If it's such a great transmitter why are you two having issues?
Old 03-19-2015, 04:21 PM
TATIG

Nobody is saying otherwise... My TX has a problem and not even calibrating it solves the problem, so most likely I will have to get it serviced...
Old 03-20-2015, 09:25 AM
bikerbc

jetmech05 just because a piece of equiptment needs service on ocasion dosen't mean that you should give up on it and look for something else . I sent my transmitter in once for service and updates .It turned out there was nothing wrong with the transmitter . My battery pac was the faulty part . If you are using NiCd's Spektrum likes 5 cell pacs and I was using 4 cell . It cost me a wing on a 1/3 Scale Cub to find that out . I thought my transmitter was Screwing up but it was actually the Rx batteries , I did have a trim switch quit working on a DX7 . It was one of the older ones well beyond waranty but they fixed it for me and shipped it back for free. You can't expect more than that . As far as I can see Spektrum is top notch . I believe that some of the others are just as good possibly better in some ways but I know how to programe my radio and I don't know how to programe the others . There is nothing wrong with voicing your opinion about how you like your equiptment. Its not to say that there is anything wrong with yours .