Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What Do You Think Of This Radio

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What Do You Think Of This Radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 10:55 AM
ratshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VG I have looked at the Magnum 15 several times. The appeal of the FP-15 is it is SO quiet. I had one on a scratch built plane I use to fly at the school at the end of my street at my other house. Never had a single complaint about noise. Cars driving behind me made as much noise with their tires as my plane. I have heared electrics that made more noise than that FP engine did. I have a walking park a hundred yards or so from my new house. It would be real handy to make another small plane to fly right here by my house.

I have a Magnum 25 on my Sig LT-25 now. Its a smooth running little motor. More like a dynamo than a fuel powered engine. And it starts with just one or two flicks of the prop. One of my favorite engines. I also have a Magnum XL 52 new in the box on my shelf now. Just waiting for the proper platform to put it on. I had a Magnum 52 four stroke many years ago. Nothing wrong with that engine either. Yep Magnum makes good stuff especially for the price.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:20 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

If you are interested in Glow I have a nice Supertigre 2500 I am trying to sell. That will keep you going for awhile. It will run nicely on no nitro fuel
Old 05-30-2015, 04:25 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yah, that baffle in the muffler really makes those FP .15 quiet. If that is the objective, It is the ticket.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:25 PM
ratshooter

I normally leave the baffle in all my engines. I know you get a little more power without them but I rarely fly at full throttle anyway.

Thanks for the offer dirtybird but I think that engine size is going the wrong way for me. A 60 is about is big as I care to go. A 46 or smaller is where I am at for the time being. Easy to store. Easy to transport and not too bad on a gallon of fuel. I did have a quarter scale cub from Balsa USA back about 1981. I paid a whopping $90 for the kit. It took me most of a year to build it. I would get tired of it and built two other models during my break off of the build. I should have stayed with it. It was a heck of a good flying plane. It taught me to use rudder. Now I still use rudder for every turn no matter what I am flying.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:36 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by ratshooter
I normally leave the baffle in all my engines. I know you get a little more power without them but I rarely fly at full throttle anyway.

Thanks for the offer dirtybird but I think that engine size is going the wrong way for me. A 60 is about is big as I care to go. A 46 or smaller is where I am at for the time being. Easy to store. Easy to transport and not too bad on a gallon of fuel. I did have a quarter scale cub from Balsa USA back about 1981. I paid a whopping $90 for the kit. It took me most of a year to build it. I would get tired of it and built two other models during my break off of the build. I should have stayed with it. It was a heck of a good flying plane. It taught me to use rudder. Now I still use rudder for every turn no matter what I am flying.
Big airplanes fly a whole lot better.
When I started the only thing we had was rudder
Old 05-31-2015, 07:30 AM
ratshooter

Big airplanes fly a whole lot better.
When I started the only thing we had was rudder
Yep big planes do fly very well. Like Johnny Cashburn use to tell me, "little airplanes flit, big airplanes fly". But the biggest he made as far as I know were the 60 sized planes. Big enough for smooth flying though.

I know where there is a Senior Telemaster for sale. I am so tempted to get it. Right now I am saying, "get thee behind me Satan, and don't push".

I am not interested in the little tiny electric airplanes. I like at least a 48" wingspan.

Last edited by ratshooter; 05-31-2015 at 07:32 AM.