Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Delayed reaction in response to control input

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Delayed reaction in response to control input

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 09:15 PM
obrien135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Delayed reaction in response to control input

Is there a delayed reaction do to processing time and modern controllers and can this be avoided with an analog controller if they still make them.? Do the receivers use pic processors?
Old 05-19-2019, 01:33 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No delay. In fact they might be slightly faster than analog. Not that anyone can really tell. As for the processor? No idea here as I no longer get that deep into things.

Last edited by BarracudaHockey; 05-19-2019 at 03:07 AM.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:05 AM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Of course there is a tiny delay between the time the stick moves and the receiver makes the servos move, but it is measured in milliseconds. You would not be able to distinguish any delay as long as everything is working correctly and the batteries are charged. If you do see a delay, then something is wrong. It's happened to me before.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:27 AM
obrien135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I designed an analog control system

It's posted on YouTube under Yvonne Patricia O'Brien RC control is a block diagram take look at it if you want. There's a plug diagram to pages that may explain it. it works as far as controlling a DC motor although you can hardly hear the change in motor speed you listen carefully you can hear it. I need to prototype is further start my start my Parkinson's cause me to have to stop that's as far as I got

Last edited by obrien135; 05-19-2019 at 05:29 AM.