Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
HELP! Flight Mode and SAFe on new PC-21 >

HELP! Flight Mode and SAFe on new PC-21

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

HELP! Flight Mode and SAFe on new PC-21

Old 06-29-2021, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Flight Mode and SAFe on new PC-21

Hello!
I am looking for some help.
I have a FMS PC-21 electric - PnP. I installed the AR630 Spektrum receiver. I'm using a Spektrum DX6 transmitter. I've completed the install and AS3X setup and am working to setup SAFe. As a beginner, I like trying my maidens on SAFe until I become comfortable and then I explore real flying.

The problem I am having is setting up flight modes and ensuring SAFe modes are set to the corresponding switch positions. Here is what I'm doing.
1. I use Forward Programming to set up AS3X on the receiver (RX). I set up AS3X and set percentages for gains. I then look to set gains to adjust on the fly to a switch (trimmer, slider, knob, etc.) but I don't have one of those. I set it to a 3 position switch that I believe has no other function like flaps or any two position like gear. So let's say that is switch B.
2. In Forward Programming, I set F-Mode to the Channel 7, AUX 2, Switch B.
3. I exit FWD Prog mode and enter main settings (where you work on the model settings) and use F-Mode Setting and ensure C7, AUX2, Switch B is set.
4. When I go back to FWD Prog. and I move Switch B which should be changing between the 3 modes, it just sits on Flight Mode 1, 2, or 3 (depending on which one in FWD programming I set).
5. I assess that AS3X is always on so I almost resolve myself to moving on to SAFe, but I need a way to adjust gains in flight to remove oscillation if they are too high. I cant because of no knobs, so I was hoping to set AS3X to ON, On (with less gains), and ON (with even less gain) to have ways out based on switch position. But...the switch, even though I think it is mapped correctly, isn't reflecting in the screen when I flip switches. It just displays one flight mode.
6. Funny thing is that the TX speaks the correct flight mode (Flight Mode 1, "Flight Mode 2", etc.). But the display doesn't change.

I'm not good at explaining but any help is much appreciated. I've reset the receiver and model 2 times and I always get stuck here.

thank you!