Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

help radio problems

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

help radio problems

Old 02-07-2003, 09:11 AM
joedy
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help radio problems

i am new at this and looking for info on an old kraft radio kp4k wiring diagcan any one help PLEASE
Old 02-07-2003, 11:59 AM
jef.be

Is this thing still working? This must be really very old, I don't remember seeing such a antique thingy.
I certainly hope you won't try to use this for flying a airplane and would suggest you buy a cheap new one, or one expensive as you wish.
Old 02-07-2003, 03:48 PM
joedy
My Feedback: (4)

sorrry he died before he had chance to help me with it hope every one out there aint a big a h like you
Old 02-07-2003, 05:34 PM
Bill L

JOE! Welcome!
I did not see anything in your question abaout using that radio to fly. My answer is I am going to contact my brother who flew RC in 1970's and see if he has anything. He keeps everything. Sorry about the Jet Flyer's answer.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Pete S.

We have a guy in our club that still uses an old Kraft radio. He loves it. It's not a narrowband TX and it easily can splash over several other frequencies, though. The reciever is broadband, also, so someone else might splash over onto your RX. Uless you fly alone or warn everyone else,It's not the best radio for flying. I will get in touch with him to see if he has info for you, though.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:56 AM
Bill L

Hi Joe!
I got the message back from my brother. He used a Heathkit radio, not a Kraft. Sorry.
He built several Heathkits when we were younger (1960"s), one being a COLOR TV. I always admired his abilities. I do not know why you want a diagram, but he said to install a battery, locate the + and - inputs, and follow the circuitry right to the antenna, and then see if it activates a receiver on that channel. He actually used more $4.00 words but I picture a hard-wired circuit board which could be accessed for testing, or you would not even ask the question in the first place. Electronics are fun. Yesterday I re-learned that 120v AC won't kill you while you change a wall outlet!!!!!!!!
Good Luck!
Old 02-08-2003, 09:05 AM
Bill L

JOE! I just thought of something.
As a member of AMA I want to use membership fee as much as possible (but hope I never need the insurance!)
Rich (I can't find his last name) is the librarian at the National Model Aviation Museum and Lee renaud Memorial Library. Phone 1-765-289-4236. The watts number for the AMA is 1-800-435-9262. Web site is
www.modelaircraft.org . I'll bet they could find something to help you with the wiring diagram.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:39 AM
Pete S.

Here's the info I recievrf. Hope it helps.
"The only advice I can give him is to contact Pete
Waters at KMI (Kraft Midwest). Pete Waters bought all
of the Kraft Co. when it got out of RC.
The phone # is 810-486-4800"