Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Sig Kadet Senior Arf

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Sig Kadet Senior Arf

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Chris-_-Memphis
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Kadet Senior Arf

whats the deal w. it .. i havent seen any reviews on it.. tower says theyll have it in mid jan... i am looking into getting a completly new system for when i give my avistar to my lil bro for him to learn on after i get my training.. whats the deal w. it?...i might just get the eagle 2 ARF instead .. i like the cockpits in both planes...
Old 12-17-2003, 08:00 PM
Banned

Default RE: Sig Kadet Senior Arf

You can get them for the same price at Quantum Models. Check to see if they're in stock first. Here's a link. Just search for Kadet and it will pop right up. [link=http://www2.mailordercentral.com/quantummodels/]Quantum Models - Click Me![/link]
Old 12-18-2003, 01:16 AM
Jinkers
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a link to a review: [link=http://www.his.com/~rb/rob/senior.htm]Sig Kadet Senior ARF Review[/link]

I purchased mine at Hobbytown 3 weeks ago (Fort Collins, CO). I was in there today and they still had a couple of them left. I have it built and balance but have yet to fire it up or fly it, waiting on the AMA membership[]

Two suggestions if you decide to get one:

1) get he red/white not the blue/white. blue is very hard to see against the sky.

2) if you convert it to a tail dragger try to find a heavier engine and move it as far forward as you can because the COG will be very tail heavy.

-Jinks
Old 12-18-2003, 08:28 AM
Chris-_-Memphis
My Feedback: (3)

thanks... what size engine do you have in it? and is it a taildragger?
Old 12-18-2003, 10:46 AM
Jinkers
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Chris,

I put an OS .46FX in it, Sig recommends using a .40 but it's a big plane and the extra wont hurt. I have read of other's using up to a .60 in a senior and even read a post from one guy who put a .91 on his.

It doesn't come as a tail dragger, I converted mine to a taildragger just because I like the look. There seems to be a debate on whether you are better off learning on a tricycle or taildragger. Some say it's harder to learn to takeoff and land with a taildragger, but others say 'not really' and hard landings tend to bend the heck out of the nose wheel. I haven't flown it yet so don't really know.

BTW - I had to add quit a bit of weight to the front end to get the COG correct. I believe that most of this was because of the conversion to the tail wheel.

-Jinks
Old 12-18-2003, 12:53 PM
captjckirk

There have been several write-ups on the Kadet Senior ARF. Try RC Report, they had a very good review. Also, RC Modeler and Model Airplane News have done reviews. I opted for red also, eaiser to see. Check the ARF section for lots of info on this fun plane. You will not be dis-appointed in the Senior ARF.