Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Real Flight G2 training

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Real Flight G2 training

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 07:16 PM
james_c1979

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real Flight G2 training

I purchased Real Flight G2 about a month ago. I've been working on the RF trainer probably about five hours a week and am now able to fly around w/o crashing & can land 90 % of the time w/o crashing on the runway. I can perform all tasks under the beginner trainer with ease. I can perform the intermediate tasks with ok ability.

My problem is I don't know what to do now. What techniques should I emphasize on to increase my abilities as an RC pilot? I'm currently deployed over seas and have nothing but time to play on the trainer. I don’t' plan on being back in the US for at least 4 or 5 months.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:55 PM
handyman
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Real Flight G2 training

if this is the first time you have used this and have never been flying you are doing good,few things to help you, do a lot of touch and gos that really helps, do low level fly bys about 1 foot off is good try not to fly high any one can do that keep your plane with in the high of the trees, try some inverts there fun, also set up so that you run out of gas and have to land dead stick..... also change planes try going to a faster one, also kick up the wind about 10 to 12 mph this to will give you some help, and last but not least enjoy it, its made for fun
Old 12-24-2003, 07:24 AM
rider_89

Hi,

This may be none of my business, but what are you deployed wherever you are for? Also, is G2 worth the money that it costs? Is it worth spending the money on G2 or another plane?
Old 12-24-2003, 08:19 AM
raptor5900
My Feedback: (4)

g2 is worth the money!!!! i think he means he is fighting over seas in iraq or afganastan (i dont know how to spell it).
Old 12-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Jinkers
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased G2 about a month ago as well. It has been great for learning and practicing takeoffs & landings and getting used to the mirror effect. In this regard, it is a great investment for beginners!!! I can also see where it would be good for trying out and practicing new manuevers that might be risky to try for the first time with your prized plane. I don't know how realistic it would be simulating torque stalls and that kind of stuff since I'm no where near good enough to try anything like that. It does seem to be very close to real for basics like takeoff, landing, turns, loops & rolls.

But, it's not the same as flying and its not as much fun as flying. If you are already an accomplished pilot, my .02 would be to spend the money on a new plane, I've been told you can never have to many

-Jinks
Old 12-24-2003, 07:12 PM
WCB

I practiced on G2 for over a year before I bought a plane. It definitely helped me. I'd say it paid for itself. It develops hand and eye coordination to the point I could fly without thinking about what inputs to give. As others have said, practice touch and goes in both directions, flying low and slow etc. with wind/without. Work your way up to stalls, rolls, loops, figure 8's, flying with rudder, rudder input during aerobatics and play with the control surface deflection on high and low rates, different engines etc.. Anything you can imagine. As you get better purposely put the plane in dire situations to practice and gain the ability to do the correct input instinctively to get out of trouble. Whatever you practice is what you will do with the real thing. Flying the real thing is not the exact same as the simulator. Very close but not exact. I still needed the aid of an instructor and buddy box and yes I still crashed a plane later, but my practice on the G2 paid off big time in shortening the learning curve.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:00 PM
Barland

FACTOR IN SOME WIND!

Once you are able to handle landings add some wind variable. I used 2MPH wind gusting to 4MPH with a 360 degree variation in wind direction. NOW, you will get use to handling the plane close to the ground in less than predictable conditions. Well worth the effort as you will seldom have a wind free day. DickB
Old 12-26-2003, 11:17 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

G2 is the best investment for ANY RC pilot. I fly multi thousand $ jets and helicopters, and G2 keeps me sharp .. If I can do somehting in G2, usually, its even easier in real life ... G2 has saved me literaly thousands of $s in crashes that i would probably have had if i tried learning them in rel life (like inverted hovering, or 4 point rolld 4 feef off the deck with a jet) ..

Wojtek