Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

GMS 1.20 on UCD .60

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

GMS 1.20 on UCD .60

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 09:52 PM
baxternick
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMS 1.20 on UCD .60

Ok here is the deal. I am getting ready to starty flying my third plane a UCD .60. I already have the plane and have a motor that I got a good deal on. No one seems to be able to give me a straight answer.... but heres the ? Is a GMS 1.20 with a 16X6 prop to much for that plane? Just wanted some opinions on it please!
Old 12-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GMS 1.20 on UCD .60

Yes that would be a bit much!!! But if you watch your throttle manangement you may not rip the control surfaces off. The UCANDO3D Builds up speed quick so flutter could be a real problem reall fast. I doubt you'd ever have to fly past half throttle at all. And the prop mit barely clear the ground on take off. Then there's landing! will it slow down? [&:]
Old 12-27-2003, 12:25 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Whoo!! I think that's kinda like taking a 2000hp jet engine and mounting it on a hang glider, but I'm a newbie.

Old 12-27-2003, 04:56 PM
raptor5900
My Feedback: (4)

not really just keep the throttle really low. i've heard of a saito 1.50 and 1.80 on the UCD. what i will recomend is get good hinges and reenforce the fire wall.
Old 12-27-2003, 06:25 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Robart Pinned Hinges (Or is it dubro?!?)

How about oleo struts for the landing gear, 1/4th scale hardware, servos w/ 300oz in of torque rotating at 0.10 seconds for 60 degrees, separate servo for tailwheel, 12 channel synthesized PCM reciever, ten billion mAh Li-Po batteries with 6 volt regulator, temn million ounce fuel tank, and one-upping the engine you have now with a Zenoah GT80 Twin with dual tuned pipes?!?

Don't you like overkill?

Sorry, have a problem of posting weird posts.

PS I think a bigger fuel tank might help.

Sorry no offence, couldn't resist

Oh yeah, how about On-Board glow, fuel injector, rocket engines mounted on wingtips, a Voltmeter built in, etc

Now that will make the planey AT LEAST 10 lbs, but it will still hover with that Zenoah GT80!!!
Old 12-27-2003, 10:25 PM
phread59

I am not familiar with this model. I do not use ARF's. But my feeling would be that it is way too much. I feel with that engine balancing the plane will be difficult. That is significantly more weight than the plane was designed for. Also that much power will be hard on the airframe. It is a lightweight frame for 3-D work. I would suggest a Morris Hobbies Balsa Nova 120. That engine would be perfect for that kit. It is a kit but should not be too hard to build. There are some import arfs in the pattern and 3-D section here that may be of some help. I do not pay too much attention to them as I build all of my planes myself. Good luck whichever way you go.

Mark Shuman
Old 12-27-2003, 11:59 PM
Dewey2
My Feedback: (24)

i have a satio 150 on mine its not to much engine that gms is a weak 120 anyway i have flown one with a os 160fx as for stuff blowing off i have been clocked at 73 mph ailerons elevators rudder still there useing radio south blue ca hinges