Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

starting electric engine

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

starting electric engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 10:17 AM
superstar pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting electric engine

I just got a SuperStar EP Select and dont know how to start my engine. I move the throttle up and down but it doesnt do anything. after about 10 minutes my engine comes on. I've ran it about 30 minutes without the prop to break it in. Can someone tell me what to do???
Old 12-29-2003, 10:25 AM
Montague

Default RE: starting electric engine

Many speed controls have a safty feature that requires you to pull the throttle stick all the way down and hold it there for several seconds (usually 3-5, which doesn't sound like much, but is actually quite a while). Just wiggleing the stick won't do it. I'm guessing you aren't holding the stick all the way down long enough at first, then get frustrated and set the TX down for a moment, or pause to check something like a connector, and pick it back up to find it suddenly working. That pause gave it the delay it was looking for. Don't sweat it, this is pretty much what I did the first time I hooked up my electric before reading the instructions.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:50 AM
superstar pilot

I tried what u said . I turned my radio and plane on and put the throttle all the way down for 5 seconds and then gave it some throttle and nothing happened.Can u help me??
Old 12-29-2003, 11:28 AM
Montague

Did you charge the batteries fully? And do you have everything hooked up as per the instructions? Many speed controls will kick off if the battery voltage is too low.

Do you have end point adjustment or anything like that on the throttle stick on your TX? It's possible to have the EPA on a TX set so that you can't get the throttle low enough for the speed control to think it's in the full down position. Try full down throttle and full down trim.

Beyond that, check the wireing carefully for loose connectors or a bad connector job.

If none of that works, seek out someone in person to take a look at it. Or maybe try in the electrics forum here or on ezone/rcgroups. They have a lot of real electric experts over there. I just dabble with them.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:33 AM
superstar pilot

ill go there
Old 12-29-2003, 12:03 PM
superstar pilot

I went there and all I haad to do was to move the throttle all the way up then a red light flashes then move it back down and it works.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Montague

I was "this close". Glad to hear you got it working.