Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Transmitter prices & Frequencies ETC.....

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Transmitter prices & Frequencies ETC.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 12:06 AM
FrogTwat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter prices & Frequencies ETC.....

Guys and Girls if there are any

Living in Australia there really isnt that much inthe way of price competition between the LHS's I found a HITEC FLASH 5 at the "BIG" lhs "[link=http://www.frontlinehobbies.com]Frontlinehobbies[/link]" and i was wondering if the price would be much different to what you get over in your "countries".???? HTFLASH5XMD1 - HITEC FLASH 5X MODE 1 AUD$329.95

Is or would there be a difference in the frequencies used over here ???? voltage for charging ?????? Is the frequency changed with the crystal or is it something hardwired????????

I already have a hitec FOCUS 6 hitec HS-500 servos and a chalanger 720 rx.... would i be able to get away with buying only the TX?????? (analog to digital).......

Obviously the flash can be set in either mode 1 or mode 2... and will be set in 2.

HELP
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16909.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	86159  
Old 12-30-2003, 02:35 AM
jdavies300s

Default RE: Transmitter prices & Frequencies ETC.....

umm, couple different things. the exchange of aud to usd. or vice-versa. look on the net it'll tell you the current rates. then look on the net at u.s. sites to find out how much the tx s are running in usd. as far as the analog to digital, i'm not sure.(just being honest) which is digital the servos? if so i think you should be able to get away with hooking up an anolog rx. find someone that has an analog tx/rx and hook up a servo to the rx.(if that's the case) or again vice-versa for digital rx to analog servos. that way it's free, and you're not risking a crash. last, both rx and tx frequencies are changed by the crystal(at least in the states) you must have them both on the same channel(i'm positive you already knew this) but just incase.

also, since you are in australia, i once met an exchange student named daniel spiewack, ever heard/met him? i'm not sure where he was actually from in australia, or i don't recall n e way.

hope i answered your questions. and do try out the suggestions, i don't think it will hurt n e thing.

-james
Old 12-30-2003, 11:08 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard of a "digital" transmitter or receiver, so I'll assume you mean servos. They should be compatable with any radio equipment that's compatable. ie, Hitec, Futaba and JR.

Frequencies are changed with the crystal in most equipment, but you should NOT change the transmitter's frequency without sending it in to be re-tuned. You can buy a new transmitter only, say a new Futaba or that Flash 5X (on your frequency/channel), and it should work fine with Hitec equipment.

In the US we use channels in the 72 mHZ frequency range. Not sure, but think you would be using 53 mHZ. You could not 'legally' use US equipment. I believe that Tower Hobbies sells radio equipment in your frequencies, but not sure.

I don't know the US to Australian exchange rate, so can't answwer the pricing question.
Dennis-
Old 12-30-2003, 02:23 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Visit this site:

http://forum.canterburysailplanes.co.nz/phpBB/

This is in New Zealand. I believe they will know about the frequencies, suppliers and such that you are looking for. US informaiton is not going to be helpful to you.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:00 AM
FrogTwat

Thanks for the info guys ........ by digital i mean computer (no easily changable sliders/trims next to the sticks) i keep bumping them in flight most scary!!!!! Acording to "frontline hobies" there is no problem changing TX's using the same RX and servos as long as the crystals are the same !!! BUT no one round here will sell TX only. how rude.

jdavies300s mate i dnot know the names of the people at my own club let alone the rest of Aus. !

Thanks guys
Old 01-02-2004, 01:28 AM
jdavies300s

thanks n e way frog. i just had to change out the xtal on my rx/tx due to a new plane that i got. it works like original as long as you stay on the same band.(low/high) i moved tx from ch 35 (high band starts at 36) to channel 23 and picked up a xtal for the reciever. didn't need tuned, and didn't interfere with n e other planes./channels at the field.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:41 AM
FrogTwat

Thanks all ......

I decided to get the KIT (TX RX and servos) anyway i will eventually get a new plane at somestage so why not get it all now !!!!

LATER !!!