Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

electric conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

electric conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 09:57 AM
modelcrasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric conversion

Can any one tell me what electric motor i should put in a size 10 gas powered model
Old 12-31-2003, 10:28 AM
Montague

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: electric conversion

You'd do a lot better over in the electric forums or over on ezone. There's a program called "motorcalc" or something like that, that a lot of electric guys use to pick power systems for electrics. Electrics have more variables in their power systems than glow planes.

In glow you can vary the engine size. That's about it. You can pick up a few more RPM with differnet fuel, or exhaust system or such, but it's fairly small. The biggest thing to play with is the prop size and brand once the engine is chosen.

In electrics, the same motor with a differnet battery pack can have a HUGE difference in the air. Add in gear boxes and the various gear ratios available, plus all the same prop variables from glow, and you can see that there's a ton of answers to such a question.