Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Any one?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Any one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 03:33 PM
ICE_MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one?

I'm really liking the building aspect of the rc plane industry. I just finished my first ARF trainer. I'm looking for CHEAP KIT planes that are capable of using a .46 la engine. Any one know of any?
Old 12-31-2003, 03:37 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Any one?

HI ICEMAN! Go have a look at MORRIS HOBBIES! Your 46 with a 12 by 3 prop will be hovering and flat spinning in no time! Better yet, go over to the PROFILE BROTHERHOOD forum and ask the same question![X(]!
Old 12-31-2003, 04:09 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Yea SAme here I want a CHEAP KIT (Under $50) that will do more aerobatics taht ;sn't a SPAD than my Tiger II. Only ANY power range up to a .46 is ok. (I don;t wanna spring for a 60 sized engine.)
Old 12-31-2003, 06:58 PM
ICE_MAN

Yub yup im in the same boat as you. I just want somthin to bum around with when i finish my training.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:15 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

Tower Hobbies Uproar
Old 12-31-2003, 09:31 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Will it 3D?

I want 3d planes, dunno if Iceman does. Iceman, I have a post on the same topic on 3d planes, but only two people have answered so far.

Iceman, do you like Profiles? (I don;t really like em; think they're ugly)
Old 12-31-2003, 09:40 PM
ICE_MAN

im not big into 3D or profiles. I like scale: Warbirds mcivilion planes even "scale' erobatic planes.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:32 PM
e6074

Hi, Ill tell you right now, finding a aero kit under $50 is not a picnic! Ive got a suggestion:
Have you ever heard of the Great Planes FireBat? It looks like a su 22 jet. I Purchased a kit early this year from tower hobbies for 54.99. The body is all foam though. But its held together great. Its electric and includes nothing. But the ultimate combo (which includes everything!) is only 199.99. You should checkout Model Airplane news magazine and see the tests they have preformed on the FireBat. I can honestly say that it is worth the money. Has great low speed responce and suprisingly fast fly-bys! Only bad thing is it has to be hand launched there is no freagin landing gear.

You cant go wrong with this one...
Old 12-31-2003, 11:40 PM
e6074

Me again.....check this one out http://www.parkflyers.com/html/wattage_300_extra.html
Soon you’ll be doing barrel rolls and loops like you’ve been doing them for years. Extra dihedral gives quick, crisp roll response to rudder commands. And that big stabilizer in back provides straight & true tracking for those with limited experience.
Old 01-01-2004, 01:06 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

e6074,
So, do you have stock in Parflyers.com? That's like 3 posts in the past couple hours pushing their stuff. And $200 for that Firebat is far from a good deal if you ask me. For $200 you can buy a real nice glow plane ARF and a new engine to go with it!
Dennis-
Old 01-01-2004, 10:24 AM
bakes65

It always amazes me when I read the responses to questions. There are suggestions for a park flyer, I wonder how they'd hold up with an OS 46LA?
My preference, for what it's worth, was the Great Planes Dazzler kit, (Similar to the Tower Hobbies Uproar) it set me back $59 and was a pleasure to build. A great learning experience for a beginning builder. The plane currently has an OS 46FX on it and it hauls it around pretty darn good if you ask me!
The downside to the kit building, if you wish to consider it a downside, is the extraneous costs associated with building. I found out that after three rolls of ultracote, some custom landing gear, canopy paint, and miscellaneous other paints, my costs were well within range of the ARF.
I don't care, I've got my own hard work and effort into this one and it's something I'm very proud of!

Best of luck to you in your decision!
Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2004, 10:40 AM
aimmaintenance

As bakes65 pointed out. Your initial kit cost will be less than the other stuff you have to buy for it.
Read what comes with the kit before ya buy.
Does it come with wheels? (if it does and they are little guys like 1 1/2" you'll want to replace with bigger if you fly off grass)
Fuel tank?
Silicone tubing?
Motor mount?
And by the time ya buy CA/ epoxy/ Couple rolls of covering etc a kit can double in price real fast. BUT!!!!
Even though you might think I'm discouraging you I'm not. Building is a blast, it's rewarding, it's a learning experience, It's addicting, It's an outlet for imagination.
BUILD ON GUYS!!!
Old 01-01-2004, 12:56 PM
ICE_MAN

im lookin for somthing to build over time. there was a .40 great planes extra 300s for $45 but stupid me didnt buy it[&o]