Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

avistar with flaps? has it been done yet?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

avistar with flaps? has it been done yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 10:55 PM
steener

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default avistar with flaps? has it been done yet?

im moving up from my avistar and was wondering if anyone has ever installed servos in each wing so a computer radio could be used. i guess i just cant leave well enough alone. ive never flown with flaps yet, but it makes sense to me to try it on my trainer. any advice? anyone done this yet?
Old 01-03-2004, 11:02 PM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: avistar with flaps? has it been done yet?

not with an avistar, but with a similar aircraft. I took a GP PT-40 and installed dual ailron servos (new comp radio, had try out mixes, lol) With flaps dropped and a no wind day icould just about walk next to it. I would drop flaps, set up like i was landing only about 2 feet above runway give it like 3 clicks of throttle, it would just float happily very slow. Actually they were flaperons. Make sure they both drop the distance or your plane will roll when you hit flaps. With dual servos roll is alot quicker too. Also flaps to elevator is a good mix in a trainer, i could alomost see my wing tips touch on those full speed pull all the back on the stick things...lol. good ol bird. Lost it to a wind gust, oh well onward and upward!!!!

sean
Old 01-03-2004, 11:20 PM
steener

thanks. i think ill try it. i also just bought a comp radio(6exa) and im itching to try mixes. now seeiing that ive never done this, where do i plug in the extra servo? do i need a y-harness or just plug it into ch. 5?
Old 01-03-2004, 11:24 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

You'll have to plug each servo into a separate channel for the flaperon function. Normally channels 1 and 6. No Y-harnesses necessary.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:23 AM
Hobbies for Fun
My Feedback: (4)

Oh am I all over this....

Tomarrow I will be installing my dual servos. Heck I have a Futaba 8uaf radio its about time I put the extra 4 channels to use doing something.

Are you guys installing the servos jsut on the left and right of the center servo tray on the wing or what???
Old 01-04-2004, 12:06 PM
ICE_MAN

I too have the 6exa! I programed in flaperons on a scratchbuilt plane im rebuilding just to see what it would do and now i can't wait to put them on my superstar! By the way if you want to bae able to do more aerobatics with your avistar. Thats what im doing. Mine has 0 dehidral and will bolt on so no more
i could alomost see my wing tips touch on those full speed pull all the back on the stick things.
Any ways let us know how it goes
Old 01-04-2004, 03:01 PM
phread59

Hey Big that'll do it just fine. Side by side and 1 rod to each aileron. And you can use channel 6. That is how I do it on this type plane.

Mark Shuman