Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Magnum .91 4 stroke - need manual

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Magnum .91 4 stroke - need manual

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 08:44 PM
cliffw42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum .91 4 stroke - need manual

I have a new Magnum XLFS91AR 4 stroke engine, but there was not any owner's manual in the box.
Does anyone know the web site address for Magnum? Or anywhere I can get a manual?
Thanks.
Cliff
Old 06-10-2002, 09:43 PM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

http://www.globalhobby.com/magnum/magfs.htm
Old 06-10-2002, 10:52 PM
CaptKAOS
My Feedback: (7)

I have a manual I could copy for you if you can't get one elsewhere.....let me know....

[email protected]
Old 06-11-2002, 02:02 PM
cliffw42

I would really appreciate it, if you wouldn’t mind.
Can you scan it into a word document and email it to me?
Otherwise, let me know the cost of copying and mailing it, and I will reimburse you.
My address is:

Cliff Webb
2622 W. Bayshore Dr.
Palacios, TX 77465

Rreiss sent me a web site for Magnum, but they don’t have the manual, there, and they don’t give me any way to contact them. Global doesn’t seem to have an e-mail.
Thanks again,
Old 06-11-2002, 02:34 PM
CO-Zman

Default Magnum .91 4 stroke manual

Cliff,
Hobby People are the importers/USA distributers for Magnum now. I bet you could call them and tell 'em your situation to get a replacement manual.
I'll check this thread when I get home, and if you're still in the need, I can copy my manual for ya.

Rob
Old 06-12-2002, 01:59 PM
CaptKAOS

I will copy it tonite and send it to you....don't cost me nothing to copy....and it's only .34 for a stamp........so don't worry about it.....
Send it off tommorow....6/13
Old 06-12-2002, 04:42 PM
cliffw42

Thanks a lot...I really appreciate it.
My main problem(s) were that there are three (3) places that a fuel line will fit: on the carb, on the muffler, and under the body (about two inches behind the prop, on the very bottom of the case). I asked the guy that runs the hobby shop what they are for, and he didn't know).
I haven't been messing with models for many years. I built and flew a lot of control line planes in the mid to late 50's, and then flew some RC trainers for a couple of years in the early 80's.
Now, my brother gave me a Great Planes Super Sportster 90/120, kit, in the box, never opened. Plus a new, never opened Futaba 6 channel FM radio setup. I think he was trying to suck me back into the hobby. It worked. I have the plane about half built, and realize it is way more than I can handle, so I ordered a Real Flight 60 trainer (to go with my Magnum .91 four stroke).
It arrived today, and I expect to get lots of hours on it before I even consider trying to fly the SS.
I also downloaded the FMS simulator, and got the cable to use my radio with it. I expect to log lots of hours on that before I even try to fly the trainer.
Anyway...thanks again for the help.
Old 06-12-2002, 06:54 PM
CaptKAOS

The fitting on the crankcase is for a vent tube.....just hang a piece of tubing on it and route it out the bottom of the cowl......and the other two you should know what goes on them.....
I will copy the manual tonite and send tomorrow morning.....
Old 06-12-2002, 07:57 PM
ninefingers
My Feedback: (18)

Default Magnum.

p Magnum.
Old 06-14-2002, 12:59 PM
CaptKAOS

Be on da lookout for the big ol' Snail.....a.k.a.USPS....it's on it's way......
Hope this will help you out.....I haven't started mine yet.....but it sure looks like a nice engine.....
Old 06-14-2002, 10:01 PM
cliffw42

Default Magnum .91

Thanks a lot for the replies. I now have a couple of manuals on the way, and I do appreciate it. You guys are great!
The Global trainer got here, and it looks like it's going to be pretty easy to put together. I never had an ARF before. I don't think it will hurt nearly so much when (notice I didn't say "if") I crash it.
It cost more (the Sportster was free), but I won't have nearly the hours invested in it (not to mention the pieces of fingers still CA'ed to the fuse. :stupid:
Thanks again,
Old 06-18-2002, 03:14 PM
cliffw42

Default Magnum manual

CaptKAOS,
Snail mail came through, and the manual arrived. I really appreciate you taking the time and trouble to send it to me. I owe you one!!!
It had the info I needed, and now I'm ready to begin breaking it in before I break the trainer with it.
Thanks again,
Cliff
Old 06-20-2002, 11:40 AM
CaptKAOS

Cliff,
If you are going to use that engine in a trainer.....remember ONE important fact.....4 strokes develop LOTS of torque at very low rpm...... With a 2 stroke many people just kick in full throttle all at once when they get ready to take off......DON'T DO IT WITH A 4 STROKE!!!!!!!!!!! The result is quite dramatic.....usually the plane will take off within a foot.....then suddenly snap roll to the right.....

So.....ease the throttle up.......and I hope you have very good experience with your engine....I know one thing.... I LOVE THE SOUND OF A FOUR STROKE!!!!! I have 2 ASP's.......a .65 and an .80......and once owned a li'l .26 OS........once you become familiar with them....you won't EVER really want to fly anything else.....
Old 06-20-2002, 11:43 AM
cliffw42

Thanks...I think I will probably get an experienced pilot and a buddy box for my first flight(s).
I really appreciate the help and info from you (and the others on this forum). I have picked up lots of good information that has already helped me avoid a lot of mistakes.
Wish there was a forum for how to live life. Maybe I could avoid some mistakes in that area, also.
Thanks again,
Cliff