Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Slow Stick Fuselage: Where to get more?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Slow Stick Fuselage: Where to get more?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Slow Stick Fuselage: Where to get more?

Everyone with a Slow stick is told not to saw the fuse in half and use that plastic joiner because it just isn't really necessary.

Well, hoping to be out Sunday I was diligently putting the thing together, and then I had this *BRILLIANT* idea of trying to straighten out a slight bend in the tubing. Well, I now know that that plastic joiner is also good for reassembling a broken tube--that fuselage really doesn't like to be bent. Not the way I envisioned my first 'crash'.

Anyway, I was simply going to purchase some more square tubing, but I have yet to locate some locally. An aluminum shop said they'd have to special order it and guesstimated that it would be about $4 a foot!

Anyone know what 3/8" square tubing is used for in the real world so I have an idea where to call and look for more?
Old 03-22-2004, 05:33 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Slow Stick Fuselage: Where to get more?

You could try a hardwood stick, same dimensions. Would be a little heavier but should work just the same.

Andy