Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Micro vs Mini Servos

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Micro vs Mini Servos

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 06:48 PM
xShoudenx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro vs Mini Servos

Can someone please tell me the difference between Micro and Mini Servo's and tell me which this is:

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3181869649&category=2563]e-bay item[/link]

Well, I guess we cannot post e-b-a-y links...It's item# 3181869649
or you can copy/paste the link below and take the dash out of the domain name..

http://cgi.eba-y.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&category=2563

thank you
Old 03-22-2004, 07:30 PM
vanman
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Micro vs Mini Servos

Actually looking at the specs I suppose it would be considered a mini servo........ With that being said, the only thing that I am impressed with is the price. That is an OK price for an OK, larger than most, weaker than most, slower than most and heavier than most mini servo.

That servo would be sort of but not really comparable to the Hitec HS-81, only heavier, larger, slower and weaker!!!

If you are looking for an inexpensive, tough, quick, strong and quality servo take a look at the waypoint servos at www.his-hershobbies.com.

I have been running the Waypoint W-084's in my 3DX (they are about 30% faster and stronger than the Hitec HS-55) and love them. I have the W-150MG's in my combat Zagi (they are 50oz/in metal geared mini's!!) and they work great......

You can see all the specs on their site, they carry Hitec too in case you just want the Hitec brand.

Personally, I fly GWS receivers and I like alot of their little electric planes and I am even intrigued by the GWS dream starter radios for the money....but that servo is an over weight or sized mini in my opinion....that actually borders on the size of a standard.....

Bill
Old 03-22-2004, 07:37 PM
vanman
My Feedback: (2)

I guess I didn't answer the micro and mini question in my earlier post....

I don't know if there is actually a definition for them, however, in my experience it seems that a sub-micro would be something like the Waypoint W-060 and W-084, or Hitec HS-50 or HS-55 I know that Bluebird and Cirrus have servos in this class as well but don't know the P/N's or specs. The micro/sub-micro's seem to be under an inch long, half inch wide, and under an inch tall and weigh in at about 6-9 grams or so with anywhere from 10oz/in to 21oz/in of torque @ 4.8v (some may be more or less but this is the ones that I am familiar with)

The mini class seem to be along the lines of the Waypoint W-150, W-150MG's or the Hitec HS-81 class of servos. They mini's seem to be just over an inch long, half inch wide and just over an inch tall and weigh in at about 13-16 grams with anywhere from 35oz/in to 50oz/in of torque @ 4.8v (again, some may be more or less)

The small electrics seem to call for the sub-micro W-060/W-084 or HS-50/HS-55 size servos....the flying wings, etc call for the W-150/HS-81 size servos......

Hope this helps

Bill
Old 03-22-2004, 07:59 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in the GWS line the mini servos are only about 10% smaller than standard servo's...look up micro servos on ebay and do a search for dragonfly,, they have good service/prices etc...Rog