Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Futaba 7cap dual elavator servo control

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Futaba 7cap dual elavator servo control

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 03:55 PM
Skribnod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7cap dual elavator servo control

Is it possible to use the 7cap radio to control two servos on the elavtor acting in opposite directions? I was wondering if the 7cap has the mixing avaliable to avoid the use of a "Y" harness reverser? Thanks any info is appreciated.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:25 PM
DrFun
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Futaba 7cap dual elavator servo control

I remember reading yes it could be done in the Radios forum from Futaba or GP representative.

I was in the market for one that can handle 2 elevator servos, ended up with 9CA for the following reason.

see...
http://futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-7c-q763.html
Old 03-23-2004, 07:52 PM
jucava

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you can. Check the manual for information how to do this. www.futaba-rc.com and download it if you don't have it.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:45 PM
Skribnod

My buddy has one and hes not too reader friendly , so I thought I would ask for him on "how" to hook it up and set the programming for it. He's older and not real good with computer stuff so i would like if anyone has done it to explain it and then i can print it out and give it to him this weekend. Thanks
Old 03-23-2004, 11:54 PM
DrFun
My Feedback: (4)

FAQ says that you can't trim one of the elevator servo in flight without sync. are you sure you want to go with 2 elevator servos?
Old 03-24-2004, 01:45 AM
Skribnod

Yes hes putting it on a Sig cap 231 and needs the 2 servos for the elevator. Maybe he should just invest the $20 in a reverser?
Old 03-24-2004, 08:26 PM
phread59

Skribond if you will hang in there with me I think I can help. I have 2 7CAF's. Should be the same. You plug the extra servo in either 6 or 7. Go into the mixing, mix your extra servo in with the ailerons. Set the second servo up as the slave. If you have to go into the radio and change the direction of rotation one one. Reverse servo's as needed. I know this is thin. Both radio's need charged so I cannot go into the programming. You should also be able to use the subtrims and travel volume to get both halves synchronized. You may have to play somewhat. The manuals were pretty poor on those radio's. I just played with them untill I got what I needed. Good luck, the radio should be able to do what you want. I did the same with an Ultrasport 60 I did with 2 ailerons. I did just what you want. So the ability is there. You just may have to dig some for it. I hope this helped.

Mark Shuman
Old 03-25-2004, 01:23 AM
Chig

ORIGINAL: Skribnod

Is it possible to use the 7cap radio to control two servos on the elavtor acting in opposite directions? I was wondering if the 7cap has the mixing avaliable to avoid the use of a "Y" harness reverser? Thanks any info is appreciated.
You can set up two servos and match center and endpoints, but flying will be at your own risk since this 7 channel radio, like one from hitec, is dysfunctional with slaved servo in-flight trim. IE, only the master servo will respond to the trim tab. There has thus-far been a large up-swell of bad feelings toward futaba over this issue. There was hint of a firmware upgrade claiming this was an oversight. Futaba has since gone to damage control mode and updated online documentation to clarify the inadequacy.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Skribnod

Thanks guys , he opted to buy a futaba "Y" harness with a reverser just to be on the safe side.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:04 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

No you cannot do this.

I am using a mix for Dual Elevator, but cannot figure out how to trim out my left elevator. If I use the trim button, it will of course trim my right elevator, but I get nothing from the left one. Is there some way around this?
Unfortunately, no, there is no way to set this up. While based in looks and style on the 9C it does not have all of capabilities of the 9C. To be able to trim your second elevator servo, we would suggest first that you of course do this by hand at the control surface, but if you still need to do a little more trimming you may of course go into your Subtrim menu to make further adjustments. But if you are wanting to trim in flight, you will need to purchase a Synchronizer
Old 03-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Skribnod

Well his nice futaba y reverser came today....$37.00. Guess I made the right choice and got the 9cap. Thanks guys for the info.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:26 PM
Geistware

Yea, I was disappointed that futaba didn't learn from this.
I tink they have it in their heads that channel 8 is for the second elevator servo.
WHat I don't undersand is why can't you use Channel 1&6 for aileron diff "OR" flaperon. This should be a software fix that is really easy and frees up channel 7 for ailevator.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:13 PM
--={Luft}=--

Has Futaba stated that they are working on this problem to fix it, or did they just say they will lock in to it???
Old 03-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Geistware

TO them it is not a problem. The 7C has more features than the 6x's that it replaced.
What is sad is that they force people into the 9C to accomplish the design of our plane.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:32 AM
madhusker
My Feedback: (9)

Exactly! It is a problem for us, and a marketing ploy for them. Sure! Make you buy a 9 channel radio to get basic functions for flying a 6 channel airplane. Smart move by the marketing team, bad move for business. I am not sure if JR uses these tactics as well, but it could be time for our group to switch. After sending 7CAP's back and spending another $130/each for 9CAPs just to trim elevator servos, I think anyone would be up for an alternative.

Bad move on their part......