Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Seeking repair advice.

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Seeking repair advice.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Primodus
My Feedback: (56)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking repair advice.

I recently hit a tree with my GP Shoestring and the ensuing damage cause the firewall to seperate from the fuse. The Mfg website says this plane has both right-thrust and down-thrust built in to the firewall. Note, I have glued it back on alreay and flown it successfully. However, is there an easy way I can go back and measure these angles to be assured I have the correct tolerances?
Thanks
Old 03-25-2004, 12:59 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Seeking repair advice.

If you glued it on exactly where the old glue joints were and made it strong and flew it and it works, I wouldn't worry about it. Your not going to change it now that it is glued. Fly it and have fun and don't worry about it. Its not that big of a deal. If it flys good, don't mess with it.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:16 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am with FLYBOY on this one, but if you really want to feel more comfortable there is a simple test for right thrust. Take a T pin and put in in the top front of the verticle stab. Take a long piece of string and tie a small loop on the end and put it over the T pin. Measure the the tip of the prop while it is pointing straight out to the left and right. Make a mark where the left tip touches the string. Then take the string and move it to the right prop tip in the same position. If there is right thrust in the engine, the mark for the right tip should be inside the left tip's mark. For the downthrust, I have only used a incidence meter to measure it. But for the correction, youi can put washers behind the motor mounts between the firewall and put the screws back into the mount. For the correction in the right thrust, you can twist the engine in the motor mount a little, or put matching washers behind the motor mount on the left side both top and bottom. This will help the engine point to the right.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-25-2004, 04:58 PM
Primodus
My Feedback: (56)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I guess the old addage holds true, "If it aint broke, don't fix it."