Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Whats a good Beginer Bipe?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Whats a good Beginer Bipe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 10:52 AM
gitterdun
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a good Beginer Bipe?

I would like to have one I think there maybe the coolest looking plane out there Im going to Toledo next week and I would like to find one (I Think) maybe I'm not ready yet any advise I have only flown my trainer [:-] so what do you guys think?should I go with a Sig Something extra instead?
Old 03-26-2004, 10:55 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Whats a good Beginer Bipe?

A bipe may not be the best choice for a second plane, but the SIG Hog Bipe is a great choice for a first bipe.

But I would say get something else first, and build up your skills a bit.

Hope to see you in Toledo!
Old 03-26-2004, 10:58 AM
gitterdun
My Feedback: (1)

Ok I"ll do that I thought that was what I would hear .I hope to meet you Minnflyer!
Old 03-26-2004, 01:43 PM
xplayer930

I built a super skybolt, but my skills, arent even that advanced yet to fly it. I wouldnt recemend a bip till yuour third plane. Also you want to have some good building skills.
Old 03-26-2004, 04:41 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The SE would be a better choice. Bipes are fun, but more of a pain. I have had quite a few of them and always end up selling them. I am going to build another Nosen Gere Sport and a Midwest Bipe Stik blown up to a 60 in the next year or two.. They are both fun planes.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:04 PM
LouW

You don't say if you are a "beginner" flyer, or just a "beginner" builder. Bipes are quite a bit more complex to build. However the Balsa USA Phaeton II is almost as easy to fly as a trainer. Anyone who can fly a trainer well would have no trouble flying it as a second plane. Building is another story though. If you have some experienced help to build it, it would make a great second model. While easy enough for an experienced builder, you need to have built several kits and have the skill to solder well (to make the cabane assembly) before attempting to build one.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:35 AM
phread59

Flyboy you must be a masochist. To do ANOTHER gere sport (LOL mucho LOL). I have one started. God what a nightmare. The wood quality was abysmal and fit was spotty at best. I got angry and set it aside. Someday I will buy a gallon of carpenter's glue and finish it. Good luck and enjoy it.

As to a good first bipe, the Hog Bipe is hard to beat. Another goodie is a Lazy Ace. If you can find one. And lastly a Balsa USA Phaeton is one to look at as well. Good luck in whaterver project you choose. BTW look at Toledo, I'm sure you can find something interesting there.

Mark Shuman