Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

GWS glow engines

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

GWS glow engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 06:21 AM
HercDoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS glow engines

I am very new to RC world, I have recently built my first plane (LT40 Kadet Kit) I did very little research into the different manufacturers and makes of glow engines and went ahead and bought one of 2 engines recommended by my local dealer (GWS .47), the other engine recommended was an OS .46. I purchased the GWS simply because it was cheaper. After reading many different posts I have not seen much mention of the GWS glow engines, but have seen much positive feedback and recommendations for OS.

My questions are as follows:

Have I made an error purchasing this GWS engine?

Are there any reviews comparing GWS vs. OS vs... etc? I am wondering what reliability, performance differences there might be between all available manufacturers.

Any help or info would be appreciated, in the meantime I'll continue to do more research.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:38 AM
zetor
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: GWS glow engines

Did you mean GMS? I had not heard of GWS and looked myself and didn't find anything. That may be a reason you are not finding anything. There are several positive posts about the gms engines.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:51 AM
HercDoc

errr...[sm=bananahead.gif] ok, so umm... second look at engine reveals GMS, don't know why I had it engraved in my head it was GWS. I'll just go stick my head in the sand now.

I'll try searching again, more to follow...

Thx for feedback.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:07 AM
JimTrainor

More than adequate. Don't worry about it.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:57 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HercDoc,
There IS a company named GWS that makes a lot of Park Flyer type electric stuff, as well as a cheap transmitter and servos. Their planes are often mentioned in the Beginner's forum as an inexpensive way of gewtting into electrics if you can't join a club.

Maybe that's where you heard GWS and transferred it to your engine. (I'm giving you an out here, so say thanks.)
Dennis-