Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

blueprint help

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

blueprint help

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 12:26 PM
rc car CRAZY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blueprint help

I would like to build a plane. I am worried to make my own blueprints as if they go wrong I have lost a lot of money. Does anyone know a website where I can get blueprints ( if purchasing is needed can you get an english site )

Ben
Old 03-30-2004, 12:29 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: blueprint help

What are you trying to build? I would suggest a kit as your first plane. That would give you the wood shaped so you just put it together. If you try to scratch build or design your own too early, you don't have the experience or know how to do things right and it will cost you more in the long run. Your best bet is to build a kit and learn as much as you can. Save the scratch building for later on when you have learned a bit about the planes.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:31 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm with Flyboy on this...

An easy kit will save you LOTS of money in the long run.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:23 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Books too.

There are a few on the subject, and searching in the 'scratch building' forum will yeild some results..
Old 03-30-2004, 01:52 PM
rc car CRAZY

sorry I forgot to mention that i have built a kit before and I have a friend who makes planes and builds massive robots which are amazing so I could get help.

Ben
Old 03-30-2004, 02:01 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Find an RC modeler magazine and there is a plan service listed in the back for just about any airplane you could ever want. It is the RCM plans service. I am sure they are online too, but I don't know the address. Searc RC Modeler Magazine and you can probably find it that way.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:09 PM
Fastsky

Follow the link below. There are a lot of really nice planes. The plans are in the $8. to $10. range. http://www.rcmmagazine.com/e/env/000...ore-plans.html[8D]
Old 03-30-2004, 02:09 PM
DustOffUH1
My Feedback: (2)

You can also look here: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Where_to_find_what_you_want%3A/m_1063414/tm.htm]RC Universe Where to find what you need.[/link] scroll down till you see Plans
Its always the top thread of the scratch building/plans section of RC Universe. I too am eventually going to scratch build. I've put together 1 ARF and 3 kits so far. And I think a couple more will help, before I start from scratch. You learn something with every kit you build. I thought after building one kit I would be ready to start from scratch, but I wasn't. Everyone is different though. Just my worthless opinion, I think you should build a couple of more kits not ARF's before you start from scratch. My .02 In any case Have Fun
Joe
Old 03-30-2004, 02:30 PM
bhole74

I hand draw all of my own blueprints on grid paper. After test flights I can easily make adjustments if necessary or desired. Grid paper comes in all sizes and syles available at plueprintting shops.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:56 PM
taurus02914

You might also check model airplane news magazine I know they offer plans of all sorts.