Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

help needed

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

help needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 02:18 PM
daniel_barnby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed

hey, i am completly new at this and i am not sure about safety. does which country i am affect where and what i can fly? (i live in france). i am looking on the market for different planes and need some help with that as well. i am mostly looking at these planes because they have been recomended:

vortex extreme rtf electric: (3ch)
CCLee C17E Twin Wing Scale RC Plane

so if anyone can help then it would be great!!
Old 04-03-2004, 05:57 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: help needed

Daniel,
Welcome to RCU. Unfortunately I'm not sure how much help you'll get; I've only seen one guy from France on here that I can remember, and that was a while ago.

I did a search for those planes because I had not heard of either one. Biplanes are not usually a good choice for a beginner, and the Vortex looks like an Aerobird clone. EXCEPT! it only has an "on/off" for the motor. You'd be much better off with a proportional throttle.

Try doing a search for Aerobird Challenger or use this link: http://www.hangar14.com/product.asp?...epartmentID=10

It's a bit more money, but has a proportional throttle which is really much better.

Having said all this, the problem with these planes is that the radio equipment is on a frequency that's meant for toys, and can NOT be used with other aircraft later.

Don't be tempted to buy anything less than 3 channels, or pay less than about $125 to $150 (US dollars), because you will end up with something that will fly poorly, if it flys at all. (Sorry I don't have an exchange rate.)

If you're serious about getting into this, you will save money in the long run by finding a local RC club and going there to talk with people. If you were in the US I could set you up with links to help find a club.

Good luck, and have fun.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:05 PM
CougarRules

Yep DB's right why dont you see if you can find a model shop i am sure that they will be able to advise you
better and maybe put you in contact with a local club?

Lee.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:55 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Rules do differ from one country to another. You need to find out what the LAW says about flying RC in France.

Some countries can be very loose in their laws about RC... others can be very strict. In the US... if not trying to obey the AMA safety code... as long as you don't militarize the model its probably legal. All you need is pernmission from the site owner to be allowed to fly at any location. (though... permission to fly somewhere does not mean its a good place to fly a particlular model.)

Though its not smart... and could lead to a huge lawsuit if you cause damage or hurt someone, its LEGAL in the US to launch a model rocket from an RC airplane.

The rules about operating the radios vary mainly in what frequencies are allowed. (mostly 72 mhz in the US... I think its 35 or 45 mhz in England. No idea what band in France.)
Old 11-10-2004, 01:45 PM
Gods Copilot

Ya, im trying to find out about the CCLEE biplane too, I cant seem to get any info on it?
Old 01-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Duber
My Feedback: (2)

you have mistaken, he vortex extreme is fully proportional not just on/off...
Old 01-23-2005, 10:09 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have mistaken, he vortex extreme is fully proportional not just on/off...
And there-in lies one of the problems with responding to old threads.

When I first replied to Daniel's thread (almost a year ago), the Vortex had "on/off" control for throttle. Apparently they've upgraded it.
Dennis-