Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Don't know why but

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Don't know why but

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 08:02 AM
5_spot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't know why but

For the last 3-4 days i havn't been able to see a lot of new posts,even the one i posted last night,i think in some places i might of double posted and i havn't changed any settings.I guess it's just a problem in life.[]
Old 04-04-2004, 03:42 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Don't know why but

I don't see a lot of new posts today either. I signed off last night about 11:30, and just came in again now.
Dennis-
Old 04-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

If you are using the My Forums link, re-check your settings. I found a lot of mine were turned off. I was only getting about 50 posts a day. I turned my stuff back on and now I get over 400.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:24 PM
5_spot
My Feedback: (1)

The problem is when i come here i don't see but about 2-4 posts but i can Refresh and get almost all of them,however when i go back or click back on beginners,i have to do it all over again.[] Something musta slipped in the settings,thanks.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Nebbie

Either that, or if your ISP is using a proxy server, you may have to Refresh to get the new page. I think that Earthlink does that with its accelerator service. A proxy server caches web pages as they are requested. If it already has the page cached, it serves that up to you instead of looking to see if the page has been updated. If the proxy server's settings are set too high (like hold a page for 24 hours), you will only see updates once a day unless you click Refresh to force it to get an update. May not be the problem in your case, just wanted to mention it as a possibility.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Montague

Many web browers also have cache settings that can cause the same kind of thing, and again, the refresh button should help. Also, shift-reload or control-R should be a more certain refresh than just clicking reload. (at least it used to be, I'm a bit out of date on that stuff)