Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Model Tech Magic ARF

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Model Tech Magic ARF

Old 05-15-2003, 07:14 PM
hardlanding7

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Model Tech Magic ARF

I have graduated from a trainer and am now looking for a good second plane to get into aerobatics. I was thinking about the Magic but didn't know how well I'd be able to handle/land it. Has anyone flown this that could offer some insight? Thanks.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:58 AM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing I know about the Magic is what I've seen at our field. It's a wild flying machine or a gentle friend depending on who is flying. Two guys are on their second one. They're happy.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:18 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Depends on how you set up the controls...
Ballance it a bit (1/4 to 1/3 inch) forward of the recommended location and reduce the throws 20%, and you should be able to handle it, if you are doing about all the aerobatics your trainer can handle. Then as your flying skill improves, you can first increase the throws, then move the CG.

Even with the throws reduced and the CG reset, it'll be MUCH more sensitive than your trainer.
Old 05-17-2003, 01:00 AM
jack01
My Feedback: (3)

One thing you will have to watch out for aswell is the landing gear setup. The Magic is a taildragger, which means there is no nosewheel, and the main landing gear is moved forward some. This will make takeoffs and landings a little trickier, but if you've mastered the trainer you should be good to go after you do what FH said.
Old 05-17-2003, 02:30 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

A new Magic appeared at our field today. It can be a wildly aerobatic machine and a bit twitchy as well. The pilot complained about the steering on the ground. It is a tail dragger without a tailwheel just a wire skid. I think he will ultimately adapt to a steerable tailwheel so he can taxi back to the line. Take offs require a tail up attitude to acquire rudder as quickly as possible. It only rols about 15 feet for takeoff.