Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 My first Landing >

My first Landing

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

My first Landing

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 05:05 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Landing

Today i went out and flew with my instructor. Last night, He let me borrow Real Flight G2. I was amazed at how much it helps you fly. He showed me what to do and after 1 or 2 tries he showed me how to do it. I wish i could have gotten a video of the first landing because it was so smooth. I am so proud of myself. Not to far from solo at all now. We had to change engines today, but we didnt let that stop us. RCRAINMAN Is a GREAT instructor. He showed me how to do everything and kept my balsa from coming out to sticks 2 more lessons and I think i will be done. I am really impressed on how much Real flight Helps. I pretty much soloed today, with his help telling me what to do i took off came back around and landed, But he was still conencted to me to help me out when i needed it.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:48 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: My first Landing

I figured it was too windy?
At lease here in South Atlanta it is windy.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:27 PM

the wind was mild. It was not bad at all really. We went yesterday and flew in both model planes, and real planes. It was VERY windy for the real planes, But with the models we could just kinda float in the wind. You just have to use it right. Today there was only a small wind coming across the runway at a small angle. But i got up there
Old 03-13-2005, 06:48 PM

yeah my first real plane landing was after I smashed into a tree
Old 03-13-2005, 11:16 PM
My Feedback: (13)

flew my surdy bird for the first time to day solo. hand lauchedn it because ground was to rough for taxi. made four box paterns cut speed back to feel out landig speed got to close to pine tree put it in 70 feet up caerfuly climed up retrived plane lowered it down w/ rope climed down ok plane has a few small dings on wing it is a sturdy bird large open field no people or buildings to worry about need to stay a way from the trees it handeled good belly landing practice w/ small elec. & some basic sim. practice can i get some constructive advice ie landing patterns whats the best aproach line in relation to my postion .
Old 03-14-2005, 12:27 AM

Whoa! [&:]
ORIGINAL: ICCARUS

flew my surdy bird for the first time to day solo. hand lauchedn it because ground was to rough for taxi. made four box paterns cut speed back to feel out landig speed got to close to pine tree put it in 70 feet up caerfuly climed up retrived plane lowered it down w/ rope climed down ok plane has a few small dings on wing it is a sturdy bird large open field no people or buildings to worry about need to stay a way from the trees it handeled good belly landing practice w/ small elec. & some basic sim. practice can i get some constructive advice ie landing patterns whats the best aproach line in relation to my postion .
Old 03-14-2005, 04:37 PM

Iccarus, Man thats a good story. Large open space next time?
Old 03-14-2005, 05:57 PM

congrats newb. looking forward to hearing about your solo. maybee you,ll even get an attaboy. (when you solo that is)
Old 03-14-2005, 06:06 PM

bass, Yea i will probably get a video of the solo. Hopefully i will solo sunday so i can go to the lake saturday
Old 03-14-2005, 07:58 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Cool nice to hear how much that sim helps ! I used the G3 for a week and i was ready to go out on my own. Then after a month with the NexSTAR i jumped to a Lazy Tiger, then Superstar EP and now the UltraStick .40 , next is CAP 580 ...anyway the sim is great to use and sure cant do any damage , well it can do pocket damage if you cant afford it !
Old 03-15-2005, 01:27 AM

Congrats on your first landing! It's a great feeling isn't it? I flew this afternoon after school with a soft breeze, and when I was done just greased the landing. It's an awesome sight. I'll give you this advice....if you're not a very good pilot, don't try to land a trainer in a gusting cross wind. It's wicked! We did it yesterday, and on my trainer, and had a rough time. Had to use full rudder to counteract the cross wind, and the headwind was strong enough to stall it quite effectively. Once we had enough throttle to break the stall, the plane would hardly drop for the landing. Even with my friend Steven (who is a pretty good pilot) landing it eventually, at 2 feet off of the ground, it stalled, and we landed it on the wingtip, and the prop. No damage done. Have fun and be safe. Man flying is fun! LOL