Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

range : 2 feet

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

range : 2 feet

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 11:35 AM
zachj1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default range : 2 feet

Hi. I went to the field about 2 days ago, and my aerobird flew great. I got it up real high, and then i noticed that the engine was sputtering. I brought the plane down, and i saw that the antenna was chopped by the prop. I went home, and changed the antenna, to a new one.

When i got to the field yestraday(sat), the range was fine. I through the plane, flew it for a while, and brought it down for a smooth landing. Replaced the battery, launched the plane and the engine cut out.

I went home, and soughtered on a new antenna, and today at the field, the range was about 2 feet. here is the wierd thing:it looks like the antenna is soughterd on to the chip. IF you know the aerobird, you know the hole where the antena is supposed to go through. Dose the antenna have to be touching inside the hole, or what!

Also: WHen i plug in the battery , and start moving my stick, the tail surfaces start to move. I take a step back, and they ignore my transmition, and the engine/controll surfaces start to spaz.
When i turn my transmitter off, it all stops![:@][:@]

please tell me what is going on with my plane!

thanks
Old 04-17-2005, 02:59 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: range : 2 feet

Yes, sounds like your antenna is disconnected at the receiver. If you can remove the reciever, open it's case and take a good look. The antenna should be soldered to the PC board. Get your local expert to look at it for you. It is easy to solder on a new antenna if necessary.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:05 PM
mblue2050
My Feedback: (6)

Rodney is exactly right in that your receiver antennae is not right. Switch off the radio and leave the power on the plane and the servo's will jitter, no signal.
A while back I had an AeroBird, it is not a standard receiver. The best advise I can give you is to ask in the electric forum. I have never looked close at that board but many in the electric forum speak of the AeroBird and are familiar with that paticular circuit board. Your range will never be that of a typical 72 mhz FM but if I remember 1500' to 2000'...far more than 2'.

I will also mention. although I figure you know this. The one I bought had the antennae all balled up in pod, its supposed to exit through the small hole in the end of the hollow stick fuse. Mine would not reach back to the prop.

My 2 cents
Old 04-17-2005, 08:14 PM
zachj1212

thanks guys. I know have another problem. I am not getting any electrical conection. I re-soughtered the wire to the dean, so i guess that it is the wire that goes straght to the chip, but that looks like it is connected.

I know that it is nought the battery, becasue it will charge. I have tried all 4, and they all don't work![:@]