Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Leave it to me to find something else to go wrong

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Leave it to me to find something else to go wrong

Old 05-18-2005, 10:00 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Leave it to me to find something else to go wrong

You're doing very well. I think we're all proud of the progress you have made on all fronts. Flying, building and medical. You've come a long way.

Bruce
Old 05-18-2005, 10:28 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Skynyrd Man

Bruce said it well and I agree as I have been following your threads with interest.

It always is the little things that bite us the most. Piper_Chuck and I with the help of all of the members here have created checklists for at the field and at home. You can download them from here is you need them.

They are not the end all be all but a good start. There is room on them to make them your own. Feel free to change them as you see fit. Heck add to them and send them back and I'll see that they get put to use.

These things average 50 hits a week just from RCU so they are getting used

http://www.krcs748.com/checklist/
Old 05-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Skynyrd Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bubba,
It is printed out, laminated and hanging on a clip board on my mobil field box/airplain carrier. (little rubbermade trailer for the rider. My brother made it a "A frame" holder that can carry 2 planes). Not to mention the ungodly amount of crap I can carry to the runway. I always seem to forget something though.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:53 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've noticed in a couple of the few ARFs I've bought that often the metric clevices are very loose on the provided threaded metric rod, but will not thread onto an American 2-56 threaded rod. As a result, except for a GP 40 Stick, I throw away the metric clevices and rods, and replace them with Dubro or Sullivan. I like the Sullivan locking clips. I also usually avoid using metal clevices to connect to the carburetor arm unless it's plastic.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:35 AM
keepiru1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a general rule I buy a pack of Sullivan Gold-n-Rods at the outset of a project and use them with plastic clevises and small bits of fuel line scooted up on them to act as retainers. But I had an accident that was similar to this Skynyrd Man here about three weeks back.....turned out the cause was the retaining nut for the throttle arm to the carb barrel had come loose......unfortunately I was in a hi speed low level pass and had to spend the next 20 minutes circling and waiting for it to die. When it did I had just did an ugly trainer snap roll.....I got the stuff and the wing back! *LOL*