Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Second Radio System???

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Second Radio System???

Old 06-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Pilot Chad
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Second Radio System???

fly-n-3d

yes i am think it does.. I will confirm later tonight.. I am not 100% sure though to be honest
Old 06-22-2005, 07:05 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wayne Miller - Yes I did miss the rx part. At least I was right about the servos, etc. Just trying to make sure he is presented with best data available, same as you.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:36 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi Bruce88123,

Thanks for getting back to me. I agree, we all want to help any other modeler, especially a new modeler, and with out giving full information we can mislead.

Gotta get flyin' catch ya later!

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller

Old 06-22-2005, 11:00 AM
U can screw it

This is my first post ever but I thought I would throw in my two cents worth. With 30 years of buying transmitters I had 8 at one time, 6 aircraft and 2 heli's. Then I wanted to try 3d heli and the radio wouldn't handle it as I needed 5 point adj so I got the futaba 9cah. I now have one Transmitter, all on the same freq, 6 planes and 4 heli's. If you are going to stay in the hobby then buy a higher end transmitter and never buy another one again. Make sure to get a heli transmitter in case you ever want to try heli's as they work great with planes also.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:43 PM
RAGII

I will also recommend the Hitec Optic 6 transmitter. I also learned on a NexStar (last year) and bought the Optic 6 this year to go with a few more planes in my hangar (combat, SPAD Stick, Twist 40). I purchased the Spectra module and some additional Rx crystals. This allows me to change channels if I get to the field and my primary channel is being used. Some think it is a hassle to change out Rx crystals, but I would rather do that than wait until the other flyer is finished. You can also get Rx's from Polk hobbies that can be programmed to any channel. It is pretty much a matter of preference of what is important to you and what you like.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:17 PM
britbrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

--- and one more opinion --- since you already have a Futaba radio that came with the Nexstar, it makes sense to continue with Futaba for reasons of receiver compatibility, plus you can link your two Tx's together with a buddy cord if the time comes that you will be teaching other pilots.

Futaba makes good radios with all of the features & goodies --- just like their competitors. Why not stay with them?

The 4* is a good second plane

Warbirds are nice second planes until you try to fly them without adequate experience -- then they make great spare parts.