Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Super Tiger G75 Muffler question?

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Super Tiger G75 Muffler question?

Old 08-23-2005, 07:18 PM
zik69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Tiger G75 Muffler question?

I just bought a Super Tiger G75 engine and was thinking about changing the muffler. I'm new to the hobby, so I ask many questions at my local club. From what I heard, is that if I want the engine to run right I should stick with the stock muffler. The engine is mounted on Four-Star 60 and it just looks ugly. Any advice on what kind of muffler would work, would be appreciated.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:45 AM
ashley95

Default RE: Super Tiger G75 Muffler question?

WELL THE GUYS AT THE FEILD ARE RIGHT YOU NEED A MUFFLER FOR NOISE BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY FOR A BIT OF BACK PRESSURE HOWEVER IF YOU'RE SET ON CHANGING THE MUFFLER TRY A TUNED PIPE THE 4 STAR IS GREAT HAVE ALMOST 80 FLIGHTS ON MINE IN JUST OVER A YEAR GOOD LUCK
Old 08-24-2005, 08:01 AM
Fastsky

Heres what I found for info: "COMMENTS: Since this engine uses the exhaust stack from the S-75K, some after market mufflers will fit this engine (using the muffler screws from the G75) and some will not. Check the optionals in the Accessory Completion Guide for after-market exhaust systems that will work.[8D]
Old 08-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Fastsky

Heres what I found for info: "COMMENTS: Since this engine uses the exhaust stack from the S-75K, some after market mufflers will fit this engine (using the muffler screws from the G75) and some will not. Check the optionals in the Accessory Completion Guide for after-market exhaust systems that will work. Personally though, once the plane is 20 feet away from you, you don't see the muffler any way. There are pitts style mufflers you can get but you would prorbably have to mod the kit to get them to fit. [8D]
Old 08-24-2005, 10:54 AM
britbrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe that a Macs muffler is available for that engine. It is much lighter than the stock lump & it looks like a tuned pipe.