Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

flying questions...

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

flying questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Sarges_heroes2003
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flying questions...

so I was wondering, going in circles is okay and soon becomes kinda dull. do you or your club have a game you play with your airplanes?? I thought of one today while going to the movie theater its called "im not touching you" you pick a target and fly real close to them but you cannot touch that plane then keep going fallowing them through what ever maneuver they go through.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:49 PM
NJAIRSTRIKE
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: flying questions...

Sarges, we do that all the time BUT be Carefull cause its FUN till someone gets POKED in the EYE hahaha!
Old 08-24-2005, 05:00 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a good way to get more building (or repair) experience.[:@]
Old 08-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Mr. Canadian

thats pretty much pattern flying with someone else or a form of combat all though it does look really nice if both pilots work together to do side by side loops and rolls
Old 08-24-2005, 08:35 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

If you're tired of flying in circles, then how about doing some inverted flight, aerobatics, or 3D... whatever you're ready for next...
Old 08-24-2005, 09:10 PM
iflynething

What's VERY fun is to put a balloon, with or with out water and put that in the center of the runway. Then you have to pop it, but CAN'T LAND OR HAVE THE WHEELS TOUCH THE DECK! I think it's alot easier when the balloon doesn't have water, just air. This game is very addictive. I don't know if anyone in your club is into 3D but what I have seen on flyincirkus.com is: they put something sharp on the very bottom of the rudder, some kind of spikes or something.

Then they hover down, and try to pop the balloon, again, filled with or without water. With this one, i would think with water would be funner. That's what the Cirkus people do.

Another great one is to attach some kind of banner, like a long piece of stuff you would manually make a bow with (for a present) and tie that to the rudder, or somewhere on the back. Then you and another person, or a group try to cut that off. It's almost like what you were talking about following but you try to cut the ends. And then you have a certain time limit, say 5 min. and whoever has the longest tail, or shortest wins. You can just mix that up.

Just 2 that I love to watch and do!!

Hope that helps

~Michael~
Old 08-24-2005, 09:15 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: iflynething

Another great one is to attach some kind of banner, like a long piece of stuff you would manually make a bow with (for a present) and tie that to the rudder, or somewhere on the back. Then you and another person, or a group try to cut that off. It's almost like what you were talking about following but you try to cut the ends. And then you have a certain time limit, say 5 min. and whoever has the longest tail, or shortest wins. You can just mix that up.

Just 2 that I love to watch and do!!

Hope that helps

~Michael~
That would be the definition of combat...
Old 08-24-2005, 09:48 PM
iflynething

oh, I didn't even think about that. I forgot combat people did that. DOH!!

That's some fun stuff, even when your plane goes down!!

~Michael~
Old 08-26-2005, 04:10 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the begginers are wanting to start excessive repairs early to me. Must be to much money type thing. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 08-26-2005, 04:38 PM
iflynething

Yeah, they might be. But I can understand, it is very dull to just to fly around. Pilots just wanna have fun! Sarges, you might consider getting another plane of you can. Then you won't just be doing any circles but some aerobatics, that is if you are comfortable enough with your flying now. How long have you been flying? Say a Sig Somethin' Extra? You could have alot more fun with an aerobatic type plane other than that trainer that you're flying now.

Hope this helps

~Michael~
Old 08-26-2005, 04:48 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

That's not necessarily true. I can have a bunch of fun flying a trainer. And I'm not talking about "just flying circles", but rather flying aerobatics with a trainer. IMHO there are no dull airplanes, it all depends on the person on the sticks. As an instructor I get plenty of time with trainers, and I like to play around with them occasionally. I've been flying for 9 years now and I still have the trainer I learned to fly on. I still take it to the field every now and then to fly it. It's a blast getting a trainer to do a stall turn, or putting a trainer in a flat spin.

That's my 2ΒΆ worth.

Ken
Old 08-26-2005, 04:57 PM
iflynething

Oh yeah, RCKen, I definately agree. What's that saying, Seeing is in the eye of the beholder of something like that. In a way you could say, like you did, that it all depends onthe pilot. There are alot of capable out there. I do flat spins, and all the sorts. I posted a thead in 3D flying about I 3D with my trainer can you. And people are hovering and everything with their trainer. Once you learn how to do advanced aerobatic, there is no turning back. They just get as much throw as possible out of the control surfaces and have a blast. I still have my original trainer even after 5 years of flying. They are alot of fun.

What I guess I was trying to say was if you get an actual aerobatic plane, then those maneuvers are more easily performed, even though a trainer can do them.

~Michael~