Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

CG for goldberg tiger 40

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

CG for goldberg tiger 40

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 10:12 PM
discusmike
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG for goldberg tiger 40

Does anyone know the center of gravity for the goldberg tiger 40?thanks,just had this one given to me from a club member and im trying to set things up.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:44 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CG for goldberg tiger 40

IIRC, that is a straight chord wing. If so measure the chord, including ailerons, and go back 25 -- 30% and your machine will fly. Example the chord is 12 inches. A CG within 3 - 3.6 inches will fly well. If you wish to go outside the box, then do so in short increments, especially if aft.

If the wing is a straight line taper then measure the average chord and use the above procedure. MIND YOU that this is NOT the actual AERODYNAMIC chord but it will be darn well close enough for a standard model airplane.

Example: Tip chord is 8". Center chord is 14". Find the 11" spot and measure back 2.75" to 3.3". Machine will fly.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:29 AM
krossk
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CG for goldberg tiger 40

Balance it just behind the main spar (1/4") and it will fly like a dream. Mine does...