Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Glow igniter

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Glow igniter

Old 02-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Joshua11
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow igniter

Ok guys, i just got my glow igniter and i was wondering how you recharge it. It came with the glow igniter and rechargeable battery. Am i supposed to put the rechargeable batter in, then connect the charger to wall, and then connect the (Fake looking glow plug) tip of the charger to the glow plug. I am pretty sure that how but there was a sticker warning label that said not to charge with battery. I am not sure if its talkign about real battery or my recharger able. thanks
)
Old 02-05-2006, 11:22 PM
roltech

Default RE: Glow igniter

It means to only use the charger it came with it. not to use another batterie to charge the glo ingniter. as most glo ingniter are only 1.4 volts.

roltech
Old 02-05-2006, 11:52 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You've got it right.

Put the battery that came with the deal into the igniter. Hook the igniter to the fake gloplug plug and plug in the wallwart into the wall.

There is probably a little red light that shows you got it working.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Joshua11
My Feedback: (2)

kewl guys, i am ready to go flying tomorrow then. I got my first spad built ( my first plane ) and i am going to go and fly it at a big field....I know guys are going to tell me not cuz cuz i will crash it, but hey, its a spad. not much time or money to make it. And i dont think i will kill anyone cuz there is noone near where i will fly it. Anyways thanks for the help. Laterz

Josh
Old 02-06-2006, 12:19 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Joshua, what's your plan if you sever an artery starting or adjusting the engine? If nobody else is there, do you think you can deal with it alone?
Old 02-06-2006, 09:05 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck

Joshua, what's your plan if you sever an artery starting or adjusting the engine? If nobody else is there, do you think you can deal with it alone?
I can't agree more with what Chuck just said. I never go to the flying field by myself. We had a pilot once that got cut by the prop and as we were taking him to the emergency room he passed out, he had lost enough blood to actually pass out. If we hadn't been there he would have been unable to drive himself to the emergency room. Because of this I like to have somebody else at the field when I fly.

Ken
Old 02-06-2006, 10:13 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our club President once cut an artery in his arm with his prop. Fortunately there were several at the field at the time including a Doctor. It all ended well. It wouldn't have if he had been alone. While not illegal, it is not safe IMO to fly without another adult on site. I frequently assemble my planes and wait for another member to arrive before starting my engine.